Cave Story+ Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not sure if this would help anyone but I wrote a program that compiles vanilla CS Profile.dats into a single CS+ Profile.dat. Run it in the same folder as any Profile.dat files that are renamed to either Profile1.dat, Profile2.dat or Profile3.dat. I figured it might help in cases where you would want to test specific parts of the game to confirm specific bugs. *shrug*

http://www.mediafire.com/?eim09ag07rl52oi

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, I missed out. Shit.

Oh, well, if anyone wants me to beta test something (noting that when I test my own programs, I try to go everywhere imaginable), just PM me or something. I would have loved to help out with Cave Story development.

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
andwhyisit said:
Not sure if this would help anyone but I wrote a program that compiles vanilla CS Profile.dats into a single CS+ Profile.dat. Run it in the same folder as any Profile.dat files that are renamed to either Profile1.dat, Profile2.dat or Profile3.dat. I figured it might help in cases where you would want to test specific parts of the game to confirm specific bugs. *shrug*

http://www.mediafire.com/?eim09ag07rl52oi

Now I can bake a Profile and eat it too!
(That didn't make sense.)

Looks like a cool program. I'll have to try it out since I've got plenty of regular saves in stock. I'll keep an extra CS+ Profile.dat for debug/testing, of course.

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just wondering if the bug that causes the files to stack has been fixed. Because, if I remember right, you also need to dispose of the files from memory after they were played.

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Not anymore
[quote name='Heart's Soul']Just wondering if the bug that causes the files to stack has been fixed. Because, if I remember right, you also need to dispose of the files from memory after they were played.[/QUOTE]

I believe the memory leak has been fixed in the current version of the beta.

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Carrotlord said:
I believe the memory leak has been fixed in the current version of the beta.

Ah, okay. Just throwing that out there. Have fun, guys, I'll keep watching this thread.

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:51 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Guys,

New beta build is up on Steam. Give it a shot. It's getting much closer.
We should also have a new Nemesis Challenge bonus level in the build either by the end of the week or early next week.

-ty

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
It took forever but I finally got a S rank for the boss attack challenge. My best time is 7'57"6, can anyone beat that?
Also my best time for Wind Fortress is 2'06"6.
I'll post a Sacred Grounds (challenge) time when I get a good time for it.
p139559-0-windfortress2066.png

p139559-1-bossattackbesttime.png

Also note how you can't actually tell that this is the boss attack screen, so maybe you should fix this tyrone.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Dare I get fiesty with GIR?
My new Wind Fortress time is 1'58'6.
p139560-0-jq34i.jpg

On the other hand, I will never get an excellent Boss Rush and Sacred Grounds Time.

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I would be very interested in testing this game for the PC. As a former software quality assurance technician and semi-frequent board game beta tester I believe I can provide quality feedback for your game.

I made a profile to post this message... If you find me suitable to test your game please email me. I'm assuming you can find my email as an admin.

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:30 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Sorry to bug you again, but I didn't get a reply. Your e-mail is [removed by mod], right?

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
inferno719 said:
I would be very interested in testing this game for the PC. As a former software quality assurance technician and semi-frequent board game beta tester I believe I can provide quality feedback for your game.

I made a profile to post this message... If you find me suitable to test your game please email me. I'm assuming you can find my email as an admin.

Duuuude, testing for this game has already began D:
You can't test it now, you're a few weeks behind!
Lurk more??

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hah. I see now that it has. I was hoping, but if I'm too late so be it.

No harm in trying. And, if it resulted in me getting to beta test, then I'd have been a very happy man =) So I took a shot.

Nov 5, 2011 at 5:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
inferno719 said:
Hah. I see now that it has. I was hoping, but if I'm too late so be it.

No harm in trying. And, if it resulted in me getting to beta test, then I'd have been a very happy man =) So I took a shot.

Sadly, we're both out of luck.

Guess what? I still have Cave Story. =D

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Everyone will always have me. :awesomeface:

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM
inside is yello
"..."
To think we have a whole forum about you, wow.

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:52 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
Dare I get fiesty with GIR?
My new Wind Fortress time is 1'58'6.
p139560-0-jq34i.jpg

On the other hand, I will never get an excellent Boss Rush and Sacred Grounds Time.

Took me a while, but I finally bested that time:
p139568-1-windfortress1539.png

Nov 12, 2011 at 5:47 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Unfortunately it seems that I'm too late to join in :( Glad to see things are going well for the game though, I look forward to playing it. :)

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello again all! We're close to a release and I'm clearing up some final bugs. I'm probably going to try and squeeze out a quick Beta 7 (tomorrow?) to sanity check our pre-final version. The main concerns will be behavior of the window with regard to alt-tabbing, resizing etc, and lag or uncapped framerates on Windows -- I'm fooling with vsync.

I've possibly fixed the bug which caused invulnerability to malfunction -- the start of a TSC event shuts it off, including those which don't halt the player. Hopefully this change doesn't cause any side effects, but I think having <KEY and <PRI stop it achieves the desired effect.

I'm extremely curious to hear from those of you who have had control issues with this version of the game. I can't locate any possible culprits in code, and they sound a lot like key masking to me.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The only control issues I have experienced so far is charging the Spur while using the Booster 2.0. This is most likely due to my new keyboard, despite it having five key anti-ghosting; unfortunatly it has next to no ghosting protection when it comes to holding keys down.

Status
Not open for further replies.