Aug 20, 2007 at 1:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 20, 2007 at 1:10 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
No.

In the game, Chaba makes the snake using the polar star and the fireball, so only Quote can get the Snake.

In the movie, Curly simply steals it off of a Gaudi who had apparently picked it up and started using it.

This is just one of those places that it is just simpler to not go with the story.

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
For the Monster X battle:
1. How are you going to stop Quote and Curly from escaping during the battle? The energy barriers would not work for this since there is no reason for the barrier to come down after the fight, the barrier does a fine job of stopping you from leaving and would make Monster X seem pointless. The barrier thing may work in the game, but it will not work in a movie.
2. Are you going to include the giant cat at the end?

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:05 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
For the Monster X battle:
1. How are you going to stop Quote and Curly from escaping during the battle? The energy barriers would not work for this since there is no reason for the barrier to come down after the fight, the barrier does a fine job of stopping you from leaving and would make Monster X seem pointless. The barrier thing may work in the game, but it will not work in a movie.
2. Are you going to include the giant cat at the end?

Okay, I don't think you understand the concept of giant evil machine of death. Let me explain:

diph.php

As you can see, Quote and curly are running down a long passage way. They aren't fighting. They are running for their lives. If they turn back, the tracks will crush them. So, they just run down the hallway until
Quote runs up the wall, backflips off onto the main body of Monster X, stabs it with his sword, jumps off, Curly ducks into a notch in the wall and the machine reaches the end of the tunnel and flies off a cliff into the ground below, which happens to be the entrance to the boulder chamber.

And no, no cat.

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:35 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
well that sounds awesome but a bit too short. also what about the missle's being fired as they are running so they have to dodge and make it look more awesome , like curly using the machine gun to pole vault outta the way :rolleyes:
The cat is cool you should include it because anime has its funny sides as well that usually dont make sense( like Azumanga Daioh has a rocketship cat in the intro which has nothing to do with it at all :D )

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:54 AM
Guy with Sword
xristosx said:
well that sounds awesome but a bit too short. also what about the missle's being fired as they are running so they have to dodge and make it look more awesome , like curly using the machine gun to pole vault outta the way :rolleyes:
The cat is cool you should include it because anime has its funny sides as well that usually dont make sense( like Azumanga Daioh has a rocketship cat in the intro which has nothing to do with it at all :D )

yes to rockets, but I use curly's machine gun elsewhere.

It crashes off-screen though. I'll just add a loud cat noise as it crashes. :D

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:12 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Atravir said:
yes to rockets, but I use curly's machine gun elsewhere.

It crashes off-screen though. I'll just add a loud cat noise as it crashes. :rolleyes:

perfect, i was thinking of that cat noise bit :D

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:42 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Tokyo Feet!

For monster X you should use the Tokyo Feet thing I was talking about earlier in the thread. If you can't remember what it was it's when it looks like ton of little feet are in place of the character's legs/feet and the characters are in a chibi-esque form. It would make the scene funnier as a whole if you used it at some point say when they are initially running from it then it switches to a side view of them running or something. Yeah.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:35 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Jester Frog said:
For monster X you should use the Tokyo Feet thing I was talking about earlier in the thread. If you can't remember what it was it's when it looks like ton of little feet are in place of the character's legs/feet and the characters are in a chibi-esque form. It would make the scene funnier as a whole if you used it at some point say when they are initially running from it then it switches to a side view of them running or something. Yeah.
Why not in-game sprites with slightly higher res instead?

Anyway, I don't think Tokyo feet works here. Monster X is, as it is, gonna be a small fight. No point making it a joke it isn't supposed to be.

Here's what I have in mind:

[Quote and Curly are thinking of a way ahead]

Curly: Well it seems there's only one way out.

Quote: Which is?

Curly: (Ignores him) It's a bit dangerous though... Time to prove Newton wrong.

Quote: Yeah that explains a lot. We simply jump as if-

(Realization dawns to Quote)

Quote: No way! I know we're capable of handling a bit of a fall, but I don't think much of risking a couple of microchips from my Operating System.

Curly: No, dummy. Though we might have to resort to that...

Cut to : The depth of the pit. It's a fifty-foot drop that surely kills any human being. Monster X's remains are distinctly visible.

Cut to: Curly's face. She has her hand on her chin in a darn-thoughtful-don't-you-dare-disturb sort of way with a frown.

Curly: Yep, it's the only way. Hold on to me tight, Quote.

(Quote looks awkwardly)

Quote: Huh?

Curly: Just do it! We NEED to get out before the Doctor decides to kill everything on the face of the island!!

Quote: (Recovers) Oh... Yeah, Right... Doctor!

(Quote obliges though hesitantly)

Curly: Now, be ready and for God's sake, don't yell!

Quote: Hey I'm not a kid-

(Curly simply jumps off to silence Quote, who wails immediately. She fires her gun downwards after falling half the cliff's length. The reaction force breaks the fall gradually, and they land safely)

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Curly: (Ignores him) It's a bit dangerous though... Time to prove Newton wrong.

This is not our Earth, so you can't make references like this or it is considered breaking the fourth wall.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Quote: No way! I know we're capable of handling a bit of a fall, but I don't think much of risking a couple of microchips from my Operating System.

Even though Quote is a robot, he doesn't act like it.

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:08 AM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
This is not our Earth, so you can't make references like this or it is considered breaking the fourth wall.

If this is a future earth, it isn't all that much of a prob. Who knows how long Newton's law will survive?

Even though Quote is a robot, he doesn't act like it.

Yeah that kinda character has to be invoked right from the start, but I've always imagined Quote as an immature kid and Curly as the mature one who has had 10 years of a mother's life.

DArn 10 charzzzz

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Cave Story's world isn't future Earth, it is a whole new world on the basis that Earth doesn't exist, do you think that the worlds in the final fantasy games were a future Earth, a lot of fantasy novels do the same thing, they take Earth out of the equation. This whole thing was already debated somewhere amongst the 231 posts that is this thread, and I am too lazy to recite it all.

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If this is future earth then:

1. Where did magic come from?

2. What are the origins of the many types of monsters, the Mimiga, Hilda (WTF), the Statue Carver, the Gaudi, etc?

3. How did technology take a huge dive to medieval times before the time when Ballos destroyed his own kingdom?

If it was future Earth, then after a leave from civilization, technology, etc. then you would think that newton's law would have been forgotten and reinvented by some other guy when civilization/technology/whatever returned.

Besides the whole "Cave Story's world is Future Earth" thing just doesn't sit right with me, and it also requires a whole ton of useless backstory to tell of a time that none of the characters would even care about just for the sake of making our world into the Cave Story world's past.

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:44 PM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
If this is future earth then:

1. Where did magic come from?

2. What are the origins of the many types of monsters, the Mimiga, Hilda (WTF), the Statue Carver, the Gaudi, etc?

3. How did technology take a huge dive to medieval times before the time when Ballos destroyed his own kingdom?

If it was future Earth, then after a leave from civilization, technology, etc. then you would think that newton's law would have been forgotten and reinvented by some other guy when civilization/technology/whatever returned.

Besides the whole "Cave Story's world is Future Earth" thing just doesn't sit right with me, and it also requires a whole ton of useless backstory to tell of a time that none of the characters would even care about just for the sake of making our world into the Cave Story world's past.
I've got only 2 points to my defence:

A) The viewers don't generally go into that much detail.
B) Even if they do, you can use the old "leave it to your imagination" trick. Not everything has to be explained in a 2.5 hour movie, and there must be a ton ways, however dumb in essence, to go around your argument. So, I repeat, nothing is ruled out.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:29 PM
Guy with Sword
To Frog:
Actually, I think Tokyo Feet would be good here (BTW, The phrase "Tokyo Feet" is nowhere on the internet, but I'll take your word for it). This is a fairly comical scene.
Quote and Curly now run, dodging lasers shot from the machine.
Curly: Well, at least we know it works!
Quote: This can't possible get any worse.
Panels on the front of the mechanism open up, revealing large rocket pods. The rockets begin to fire at the two.
Quote: Oh COME ON!

To Wazlib and andwhyisit:
For the sake of the movie, this isn't Earth. Different history, different physics (magic), different creatures. And although I like the idea of Quote being reluctant to jump, That conversation takes the characters in the movie a little out of personality. Quote is more cautious but still brave. He's quiet and attentive. Curly is headstrong and loudmouthed, being more carefree than Quote and taking risks that he wouldn't.

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:35 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
He's quiet and attentive.
He's even quieter in the actual game. :D

I like the names you have come up with so far (General Berrict, Raffi, etc).

What will be Misery's real name that she will take up after she regains her freedom (death of ballos)?

1st Place at 325
Mods Discusion: Cave Story 3 ~ The Crowned Witch

2nd Place at 242
Mods Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

3rd Place at 236
Main Movie script

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:40 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
I like the names you have come up with so far (General Berrict, Raffi, etc).

What will be Misery's real name that she will take up after she regains her freedom (death of ballos)?

Thanks! :D

Her actual name is Misery. At least, I guess...

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Her actual name is Misery. At least, I guess...
I think she may have named herself Misery after losing her freedom, at least that was my impression.

It should not be an evil name, but the type of name you would give to one the good guys.

It should be revealed during the end of the second movie, which would add to it quite nicely, because when the better side of Misery is shown, then an non-evil name would be better suited.

Ballos is Misery's uncle, so Ballos would need to talk like she is a relation but still uncaringly treat her as if she weren't, making him look even more evil.