Photo
- - - - -

Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 12 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

This is a trainer I wrote, which I truly believe to be the Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer.

I hacked basically everything... You're in control of virtually every aspect of the game. (Excluded the story line itself, which was a tad too complicated to hack up).

Things this trainer offers:
  • Infinite health (Regardless of how much your max health is)
  • Max health (Sets to 255)
  • Invincibility (Everything fazes through you, like you were just hurt. Bad: Messes with machine gun)
  • Infinite booster
  • Current weapon level (You can lock this to 1 or 3 with hot keys)
  • Current weapon (Whatever weapon slot you're in, you can change its weapon with + and -)
  • Infinite Ammo for current weapon (Regardless of max ammo)
  • Weapon no longer needs ammo (Never runs out, even without trainer)
  • Append a weapon to your collection (Max is five, uses hot key * )
  • Inventory editor (Two drop down boxes; one is for slot number, the other is for item)
  • A system to let you use the numpad to move around in large increments, which lets you walk through walls and speeds up the game

I've labeled it version 0.1 for now, in case I decide to make another. The only thing I can think of that I didn't hack is air, but drowning was never really a problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

Screen shot:
Posted Image

Plus/Delta worth mentioning:
Positives:
- Really speeds up replays for those like me who don't have that much time.
- When you lock your level at three, it only keeps the experience level high if it's already above zero. This way you can fire the Spur on full blast without the annoying jingle every second.
- Infinite health / Ammo won't set your max ammo, so you can cheat through one part, then play the rest fairly.

Not so positive:
- Cave story must be running under the name Doukutsu.exe for this to work. So run Cave Story, then the trainer.
- Doesn't save settings between runs, which can be good or bad.

On another note, the trainer is GPL. So any devote Mac users who can program a small interface and wrap the WinApi have slightly less work to do.

On that note, I disclaim any and all responsibility for anything bad that happens should this thing not work as intended. Shouldn't cause any harm, doesn't even do any file I/O, but if something goes wrong, I'm not responsible. (Though I'd still like you to report it here so I can fix it)

I tested the trainer myself, and can only hope it works for everyone else. Let me know if any of it doesn't work.

Download:
Trainer for Windows
Source for Developers

-Josh

#2 12 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Lace Offline
Lesbian Seagull
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Josh @ Dreamland...
hey, didn't you do something cool with game maker?
[/offtopic]

okay, this is very cool, I would add being able to lock at level 2, for blade lovers, and maybe saying what went into each hack. Personally, I would like to know how to do invincibility.

cheers!
Posted Image

#3 12 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Yes, I did.

Also, since it's open source, you can just look for what the different hacks entail. Most of them are just single addresses, moving one address to another, etc. Only one employs any if-then flow with process memory.

Invincibility is just a count down after you are hit. Using any decent memory editor, just get hit, search an unknown value, filter by reduced value until you're no longer invincible, then get hit again and repeat the process.

#4 14 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

DoubleThink Offline
Up for a talk?

Coooool, thanks man, I've been looking for one of these since TAT got branded as a virus. Like you say it's a bit buggy at the moment but it works well enough.

I'm an admin c:

Quickie Mod Guide Update List (Missing uploads now welcome)

Spoiler

#5 15 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Didn't know TAT was a virus. Seems clean to me, and AVG didn't mind it. But I didn't like it because I wanted a couple extra features, as well as to hack it myself.

But yeah, this one you can tell isn't a virus, since I released the source code along with it. I'm not sure what you mean by bugs though; it's relatively bug free, it just lacks the convenient launch button.

#6 16 April 2009 - 01:54 AM

DoubleThink Offline
Up for a talk?

It's wasn't a virus, it just got recognised as one for some reason >_>
And I ran into a bug... turning on invincibility stops rapid-fire weapons from rapid-firing properly.

I'm an admin c:

Quickie Mod Guide Update List (Missing uploads now welcome)

Spoiler

#7 16 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Yeah, that's a glitch with the game though, not with the trainer. Can't really fix it. So for that, I'd recommend Max health and Infinite health. You can still lose experience that way, but there's a hack for that too. Only thing I can really do there is work around it.
Though... I do feel up for a challenge...

#8 05 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

OneMatty Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

This is awesome for when you've gotten real far in the game already, are bored and just want to mess around...

#9 05 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

DragonBoots Offline
My scales bring all the bears to the yard~
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

This is awesome for when you've gotten real far in the game already, are bored and just want to mess around...

Another solution to that is to start a mod.

Good news everypony!

i r liek totes bcak lol!!!!11

An yea, thou shouldst not fear.

For I am, as the French say, a silly English ki-niggit.

Or summat, iunno.

\/\/()|\||)3|2 |-|()\/\/ /\/\4|\|`/ ()|= `/()|_| (4|\| |234|) +|-|!5...

Spoiler

#10 29 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

bobbyis Offline
Banned
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I am having trouble. When I change an item into another, if I attempt to scroll down through the inventory or items list, I am not able to scroll back up. Is this happening to anyone else?
I set my sail, fly the wind it will take me...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users