Photo

The eye door

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#1 21 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

Cave_Man Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

What is it?! What is its purpose?! Why is it only one of it?! Why is it there?! Have anybody actually died because of it?! What about the Chinfish?:p
Posted Image

#2 21 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

The Joker Offline
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"

What do you mean? Who freakin cares, they are there for the simple fact that they are. The chin fish, make a little challenge getting to the necklace in the reservoir. The eye door is there to mess with you in the beginning.

The Joker

LlGh0.png

#3 21 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

Brickman Offline
Executive Member
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"

They are there because Pixel was feeling creative. The eye door probably has hurt plenty of people, by the way, but Chinfish was just there because otherwise there would be no fish and it would feel emptier. Also, to be unique.

Why is there only one of that bomb enemy in the shattered egg corridor? Surely after all the work making it he could have made a few more. Except... why would he make a few more? Would the game benefit from it? Would a second or third bomb catch anyone by surprise, or cause anyone to think "Oh, that's cool/clever/unique". No. The game has things Pixel wanted to be in the game, when and where he wanted them. That's all the justification he needed.

#4 21 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

dooey100 Offline
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Also who would fish in a reservoir with no fish in it?

I'm guessing the bomb from Eggs2 is either a small modification to the Deleets in Hell, or vice versa, so it probably didn't take much work

#5 21 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

The Joker Offline
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"

I am still workin on gettin past the spikes.:p

LlGh0.png

#6 21 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

Brickman Offline
Executive Member
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"

Yeah, but Hell wasn't made at the time he made the destroyed egg corridor. Moreover, there's evidence in the script for Outer Wall that he planned on Plantation being the last level.

#7 21 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

JakeXanth Offline
Overlord of chill
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

That's what you call a 'beta decision'.
Or not.
Anyway, you're all looking way too deeply into meaningless shit. Why don't we simply ask, 'Why did Pixel create Cave Story?'
If you really want to know, ask Pixel yourself. Jesus, this is really getting on my nerves, and I don't fucking know why >.>

#8 21 January 2009 - 04:25 AM

MetaSeraphim Offline
Totally Invisible

This has a simple answer. The Hermit who lives in the cave at the start was kicked out of the Mimiga Village because he wouldn't stop kidnapping the Mimigas.

So they kicked him out and built the door so he wouldn't be able to come back, why do you think he was making the Spur?

#9 21 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

If you really want to know, ask Pixel yourself.

I take it that you have never asked Pixel anything about the game's story or world. Anything storyline-wise outside of what the game gives you will not be answered by Pixel since he likes to "leave it to the player's imagination".

Posted Image

Spoiler

#10 21 January 2009 - 05:32 AM

GuilhermeEin Offline
Executive Member
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

There's only one Gravekeeper in-game.
Watch out for that sneeky guy.
Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users