Photo
- - - - -

Kaeso's Mod (unfinished)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 01 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

Kaeso Offline
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

http://files.filefro...odzip/;11341970

First of all i'd like to thank Metalogz for teaching me to make mods.

Now, it's unfinished but you should atleast get 2 hours of fun.. at least. I know the main character facepic looks crap.. it turned like that after i had to make it fit. It looks pretty good full size.

It is hard but its not impossible I tested it myself, and I still haven't picked a name. Enjoy :D

EDIT- If you downloaded it before download it again please >.> I forgot to set the start position before I released it. And be sure to start a new game or you miss out on the cool opening. I don't know how to make it start on a new game only.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fastest Hellrun: 3'49"4
Curly Brace's Story:
http://www.cavestory...read.php?t=1436

Download:
http://www.mediafire...2db6fb9a8902bda
A mod in the making

#2 01 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

Metalogz Offline
WTFhappenedTOthef0rum5..?
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

Gratz on your very first released demo!

*downloads*

(incase I missed anything out in the previous betea demos >_>)
@Captain Fabulous' siggie:

Fien.

Moar original signature go!

#3 02 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

KuroKun Offline
He who lurks beneath the posts.

Awww. I want to learn to mod :mad:. Besides it might help me with what I want to do as a career

Edit

Hmm interesting start. havn a little trouble with outer wall right now though.
Those who fear death will fear life itself.

I spend most of my time trying to create music. Some I try to make into .org form. Come/Share/Listion :D

Find my old music at myspace! {<o-o>}

Find my newish music at newgrounds {<o-o>} or youtube {<o-o>}

#4 02 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

Kageryushin Offline
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Location: LocationAt the table you ate at as a child, drinking tea with your mother.

I am umimpressed.

-Fanwank main character.
-Crappy writing that worships said fanwank character.
-Pretty bad level design.
-Doesn't stand up to the quality standards set by other mods such as Jenka's Nightmare and Eternal Nightmare.
-Glitchy. Upon going through the entrance way created after the first boss, you get to one room and then you're suddenly teleported to another one out of nowhere.

Thumbs down.
"Yea, come to Him and know His power and His glory and if thou art unworthy of Kage then ye shall be trolled and then smote." - Book of Kage 1:04
Posted Image
Spoiler

#5 03 August 2008 - 01:42 AM

DoubleThink Offline
Up for a talk?
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Well this is interesting, I've been wondering when a mod detailing this like this would show up. Also salutations for the first mod release in like a month or two >_>

Anyways *cracks knuckles* haven't doesn't one of these for a while...
-I question your choices of music early on, the Plantation theme sounds kind of out of place...
-Solidus' facepic is kind of blurry
-Quote kind of shuffles when he walks, probably due to an off-centre sprite
-Your sprite edits could use a bit of work, but obviously this is just a first release, so whatever...
-After leaving the screen for the first boss fight, the <TRA function messes up and sends me to the Innerwall Crevice rather than the beginning of Innerwall

I'm gonna stop there coz that's a fairly big bug, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'm aware this is your first mod and only the first release, but I think you should flesh out the beginning more (i.e. a couple more maps before reaching Miakid) and provide some mystery as to Solidus' relationship with Quote and Curly. Otherwise I like the idea.

I'm an admin c:

Quickie Mod Guide Update List (Missing uploads now welcome)

#6 03 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

Metalogz Offline
WTFhappenedTOthef0rum5..?
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

I am umimpressed.

Thumbs down.

OMG KAESO DO NOT TAKE TO HEART THIS GUY'S NEGATIVE COMMENTS! THIS GUY'S A NATURAL FLAMER!!!

But his mod analysis doesn't seem so bad so... just read this part:

-Fanwank main character.
-Crappy writing that worships said fanwank character.
-Pretty bad level design.
-Doesn't stand up to the quality standards set by other mods such as Jenka's Nightmare and Eternal Nightmare.
-Glitchy. Upon going through the entrance way created after the first boss, you get to one room and then you're suddenly teleported to another one out of nowhere.

@Captain Fabulous' siggie:

Fien.

Moar original signature go!

#7 03 August 2008 - 07:00 AM

jcys810 Offline
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

OMG KAESO DO NOT TAKE TO HEART THIS GUY'S NEGATIVE COMMENTS! THIS GUY'S A NATURAL FLAMER!!!

But-but but...

KAGE IS THE MAN
---
Also, I seem to be the only one who can't download it, guess I'll ask Canneth to send it to me.

Edit - His internet not working, but he can use MSN, strangely enough. So can anyone upload it on sendspace or something.

New MSN: decayedcorpse810@hotmail.com
Posted Image
Call me Impulse or Justin if you are lazy to remember my name

#8 03 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

Kaeso Offline

OK Im sorry about that bug there was a huge error later on too that prevents you from going forward but i fixed it all really sorry about that heres a new download link: http://files.filefro...odzip/;11341970

Give me another chance.

Haha it would be a cold day in hell before I let criticism from a kid who has WAAY too much time on his hands bother me. Anyone elses criticism i'd listen to though.

-I question your choices of music early on, the Plantation theme sounds kind of out of place...

I didn't use the plantation theme at all o.o
Do you mean the doctors theme?

Try not to drown it screws everything up I don't know how to make the character drown properly yet.

Dont forget: NEW GAME
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fastest Hellrun: 3'49"4
Curly Brace's Story:
http://www.cavestory...read.php?t=1436

Download:
http://www.mediafire...2db6fb9a8902bda
A mod in the making

#9 03 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

GearStrike Offline
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

I tried your mod out, and I love it!

The sprites are beautifully made, but The doct's edit wasn't that great IMO.

But the game's events were fairly neat (the opening was fabulous) and I hope to see more come out of this!
Who the hell did you expect, the tooth fairy?

#10 04 August 2008 - 12:56 AM

KuroKun Offline
He who lurks beneath the posts.

Haha it would be a cold day in hell before I let criticism from a kid who has WAAY too much time on his hands bother me. Anyone elses criticism i'd listen to though.

OMG YOUR GAME SUCKS SO MUCH BECAUSE IT ROCKS xD.... Wait I don't think that would be considered criticism...

OOooooo A beginning... Don't you think she would have a gun with her at the start? I will add more feedback later when I get the chance to play it :p
Those who fear death will fear life itself.

I spend most of my time trying to create music. Some I try to make into .org form. Come/Share/Listion :D

Find my old music at myspace! {<o-o>}

Find my newish music at newgrounds {<o-o>} or youtube {<o-o>}

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users