Photo
- - - - -

Video of a Game thread

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 21 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat
"Man, if only I had an apple..."

I just don't get around to checking out everybody's game they recommended in the recommend a game thread... At my slow pace I only remember to try just a few of them!

So that's why I wanted to make a new thread, for ease of use! (lazy/not enough time) to show off a game you want to recommend. That's right, this is the post a video of a video game thread :)
And keeping it to one video to show off a game would be ideal...
But if you have more than one video per game feel free of course!

So in summary this is a 'post a video of a game you want to recommend'~

*Update*
Thanks to SkyeWelse's suggestion I believe I might be putting up a website to show off some of these games soon... Having a place to show off all of the best or my favorite games that I find, including mods and hacks would make a good site I think..!

The amount of research it takes or dumb luck to find some of these great games is far too haphazard to reach most people... But the more people that talk about the games, the better the chances are to reach us...

Well until I get a website up, I've used youtube to try to organize some of the games :

If you check under video responses you'll see categories like : action games, visual novels, strategy games, etc...
then under each category you'll find the games available under video responses...
and if there are any further videos on that game it will be under the game's video~

Pretty intutive I hope :)
Nearly all of my videos have been uploaded for high quality, so you gotta click high quality to take full advantage of them...
(currently no commentary, just like if you turned on the game and tried it for yourself.)
Also if you add &fmt=18 to the end of the video's link it will play stereo.

76561198051147654.png
Livestream Status : Currently offline.

Cloud Story, a Cave Story prequel mod...~ Status Zzzzzz
Unnamed Cave Story Mod, an adventure game...~ Status troubled

#2 21 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

xristosx Offline
Starbound
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Nice idea!, also the videos take forever to download all of them >.> stupid school shaping youtube video downloads

76561197972580313.png

#3 21 July 2008 - 07:12 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

Nice idea!, also the videos take forever to download all of them >.> stupid school shaping youtube video downloads

It's nice quality though, right? :p The actual games look 50% smoother though... (my videos are only 30 fps... when the games are 60 fps)

hmmmm
You know ... I haven't been considering how long these videos might take others to download at youtube's High Quality setting... I mean the files I'm uploading to youtube are between 400 and 800 megs each..!!
lol obviously youtube squishes the size down a ton... but I guess it still could be pretty hefty...
Still I'd always recommend watching it in high quality, but if someone doesn't have the time to wait, then change the last number of my links.

Usually I have it set as : &fmt=6 which is normal high quality.
if you change it to &fmt=1 it will be low quality and download much faster. (but.. but... the quality...)
There's a third option as well.
If you change it to &fmt=18 it will be reasonable quality, AND it will playback in stereo sound..! lol

Choices, choices...
Oh and it might improve the speed of the downloads if you set your general region in the icon on the top right.

Oh, and if other people add games and a video, do you think I should add it to the first post? Maybe add user ratings? 1 to 5 stars per game? [only if you've played it though!]
76561198051147654.png

#4 22 July 2008 - 12:29 AM

xristosx Offline
Starbound

It's nice quality though, right? :p The actual games look 50% smoother though... (my videos are only 30 fps... when the games are 60 fps)

hmmmm
You know ... I haven't been considering how long these videos might take others to download at youtube's High Quality setting... I mean the files I'm uploading to youtube are between 400 and 800 megs each..!!

O_O..... You really should compress them..... that would take you hours to upload...

Usually I have it set as : &fmt=6 which is normal high quality.
if you change it to &fmt=1 it will be low quality and download much faster. (but.. but... the quality...)

x_x i'd rather see the game quickly.. then have to wait 20 minutes to watch the whole video

76561197972580313.png

#5 22 July 2008 - 05:01 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

O_O..... You really should compress them..... that would take you hours to upload...

x_x i'd rather see the game quickly.. then have to wait 20 minutes to watch the whole video

It only takes 10 - 20 minutes to upload... and it doesn't pause during playback :p
76561198051147654.png

#6 22 July 2008 - 05:07 AM

xristosx Offline
Starbound

It only takes 10 - 20 minutes to upload... and it doesn't pause during playback :p

My schools too slow D:!

76561197972580313.png

#7 22 July 2008 - 07:22 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

My schools too slow D:!

Updated the first post to make it easy :D Low, Medium or High quality~!
I'll keep adding some games in when I get a chance ;o

Oh and my preview for Melty Blood act cadenza... I don't do very well :eek: and my character looks like the Major from ghost in the shell :o She must have gone crazy...
76561198051147654.png

#8 23 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

xristosx Offline
Starbound

Updated the first post to make it easy :D Low, Medium or High quality~!
I'll keep adding some games in when I get a chance ;o

Oh and my preview for Melty Blood act cadenza... I don't do very well :confused: and my character looks like the Major from ghost in the shell :o She must have gone crazy...

Oh thanks alot X-calibar, i dont even have to pause to watch it now :D
Lol i was like wtf when you chose the black one, SHES GONE EMO D: well more emo then before

Ive got my play against Rarc as well http://www.cavestory...5&postcount=293

76561197972580313.png

#9 23 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

Metalogz Offline
WTFhappenedTOthef0rum5..?
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

CRESCENT PALE MIST!!!

OHMELORD FINALLY I GETS ANOTHER POSSIBLY WORKING LINK TO THE EPIQUE GAME that's not as epic as MeltyBlood but still...

YAY. LOL TY GENIUS OF GEniusES.
@Captain Fabulous' siggie:

Fien.

Moar original signature go!

#10 31 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

I've updated the games again. Just doing it casually though; later I'll make it a little neater maybe, with more information such as what system it's for etc...
These are all enjoyable games in my opinion ;) [which is why I uploaded them; mostly for my benefit :p But perhaps someone will see something they like]

CRESCENT PALE MIST!!!

OHMELORD FINALLY I GETS ANOTHER POSSIBLY WORKING LINK TO THE EPIQUE GAME that's not as epic as MeltyBlood but still...

YAY. LOL TY GENIUS OF GEniusES.

WoOT! Yeah that's a cool game :D I might say epic as melty blood... if it was in english :/ No clue what the story is, except ATTACK!
76561198051147654.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users