Photo
- - - - -

[Softmints] Corridor

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#11 18 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

Ex-Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Well: There you go ;)
As for the mod, I think there should be a difficulty setting, like:

Normal - 50 HP
Hard - 10 HP
Insane - 1 HP (3 HP is just ridicolous because there is no enemy there which damages 1 HP :()

And also something too choose between Nemesis and Polar Star ;) Cuz I would like to use the nemesis there, but I'm too bad for 1 HP (3 HP)...

Feel free to write me an E-Mail, if you want something from me.

#12 18 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

Chaddykins Offline
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

I love this.

Edit- Still lovin it, I can get to Four very fast (about a minute on the timer) but Four is crazy hard unless you take your time killin off all the butes flying out. Five is awesome.

I'm gonna beat this, and fast eventually..
Shameless bragging!
CaveStory Low% Speedrun

#13 18 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

Softmints Offline
Executive Member
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Glad you like it! Posted Image Hours of frustration and keyboard smashing right here - who needs the internet?

Ok, just uploaded the latest. As I have said, there's variable life (you choose it), and I have just added the Eleventh Corridor. It's a really tough one, by my standards.
Posted Image

#14 18 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

Chaddykins Offline
Slacker

Is there gonna be an end to it or are you just going to keep adding more Corridors?
Shameless bragging!
CaveStory Low% Speedrun

#15 18 May 2007 - 11:51 PM

Softmints Offline
Executive Member
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

The end will be when I run out of actual maps (94). I may add some secret corridors along the way, for funsies. I may end it with the Ballos fight (87), in a modified room, ofc. The last couple of maps would be secret corridors and whatnot.

I may consider allowing the player to enter the corridors at 10 level intervals, which means that after beating Ten, an option becomes available in Zero to proceed to 11 if you die (It takes enough time to reach Ten as it is). Does this sound good?
Posted Image

#16 18 May 2007 - 11:53 PM

Chaddykins Offline
Slacker

So..there's gonna be like 80 corridors? O_o man that's gonna be hell to get all in one go with 3 HP hahahah
Shameless bragging!
CaveStory Low% Speedrun

#17 18 May 2007 - 11:57 PM

Softmints Offline
Executive Member

There will be enough to keep any player on his toes for a long long time.
Posted Image

#18 19 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

Chaddykins Offline
Slacker

Only gotten to Five so far, it's hard work getting all the way there and then dying a bunch of times to figure out the trick to getting through it. Not that I mind really.

One and Two I breeze right by with no trouble in just seconds.

Three is cool, I'm not sure how you intended the player to get to the door (the REAL door, man I got tricked =X), but sometimes destroying the presses above the door can make an xp shard drop right on top of the door, so I have to wait for it to dissapear.

Four is near impossible to clear fast because of the time needed to clear the Butes as they appear. It would be possible to outrun them to some extent but then you get to the big guy throwing stuff and you have to either kill him fast or take your time getting around him, both giving the Butes enough to time to catch up and smash ya =X

I like Five a lot, a great concept, haven't cleared it yet...

With the broken upload earlier, I got to play Ten haha. Ten is intense, but I found a good way to fly through it if I'm lucky (which is bad haha cause now I can't go straight to it with this one) Didn't beat the boss though, picked up an XP shard and it was over.

I'm gonna keep playing til I can beat it with just the 3HP/Nemmy/Fast, but for now I must eat pizzaaaaa
Shameless bragging!
CaveStory Low% Speedrun

#19 19 May 2007 - 12:12 AM

Ex-Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

The end will be when I run out of actual maps (94). I may add some secret corridors along the way, for funsies. I may end it with the Ballos fight (87), in a modified room, ofc. The last couple of maps would be secret corridors and whatnot.

Why not 100? And a boss fight in every 10th room ;P
With a special bonus of 10 rooms XD 110 something like hell or so...
And why not having the style changing on every 10 rooms? Like begining with Cave and ending up with hell... That would be awesome!

I may consider allowing the player to enter the corridors at 10 level intervals, which means that after beating Ten, an option becomes available in Zero to proceed to 11 if you die (It takes enough time to reach Ten as it is). Does this sound good?

Yeah, thats a nice idea! But you can't use it with the timer...

Anyhow, I think you shoudln't put your config into the zip or some error logs :p

And I still think there really should be a difficulty setting mate... Otherwise we would end up in things like 20 people playing and one plays with 20 health other with 5 health other with 3 health other with 50 health other with 15...
So whats about the idea of having 1 health instead of 3? I think 3 is too commun used :p

Feel free to write me an E-Mail, if you want something from me.

#20 19 May 2007 - 12:39 AM

Chaddykins Offline
Slacker

Yknow those spikes that Ballos summons in his final form? The ones that do -1.

Maybe put those in various spots, to use to delevel the nemmy? Just in case someone accidently levels it up, it pretty much means you're done if you can't take a hit, and the spikes would delevel it to 1 ( I think ).

Heh this is starting to sound more like a gauntlet rather than a see how fast you can clear so many rooms with no mistakes thing haha. Not that that's a bad thing really... I like both.
Shameless bragging!
CaveStory Low% Speedrun

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users