Photo

Why couldn't I sign up with a hotmail account?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 05 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

taj1994 Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I'm just wondering because I had to make a gmail account just to make an account here (I used to have a gmail account, but I really didn't like it, so I deleted it, and switched to hotmail).

Another question I have is this:

Can I make it so the mail from my new gmail account is automatically sent to my hotmail account (so I can get email notifications from this forum), and if I can, how?

This would make it so much easier and faster than having to switch between two accounts just to check for notifications.

Edited by taj1994, 05 April 2012 - 12:55 AM.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool." - Wizard's First Rule

"Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices." - Wizard's Seventh Rule

"Talga Vassternich. (Deserve Victory)" - Wizard's Eigth Rule

#2 05 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Lace Offline
Lesbian Seagull
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Why wouldn't you just check here for notifications? Seems like less hassle.
Also I liked those books. Never got past the sixth (fifth maybe?) though.
They got a bit preachy, and I don't always agree with what he says, so that was a turn off.

Edited by Lace, 05 April 2012 - 01:16 AM.

Posted Image

#3 05 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

taj1994 Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I have accounts on so many different forums, it's usually easier just to get email notifications, then go to them that way.

If you're talking about the quotes in my signature, yes, the Sword of Truth series is good, and the first 3 or 4 are probably the best, but I enjoyed all of them, and it is one of my favourite fantasy series. The Law of Nines and The Omen Machine are also some of the best from him so far (don't read The Omen Machine if you haven't read the Sword of Truth series, as it continues off of the last book)

Edited by taj1994, 05 April 2012 - 01:57 AM.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool." - Wizard's First Rule

"Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices." - Wizard's Seventh Rule

#4 05 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

"It's dangerous to go alone!"

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. Forum structure, maybe?
this is a question for you, the moderation team to answer

#5 06 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Noxid Offline
3cool

because hotmail is for spambots
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
pending

#6 06 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

because hotmail is for spambots

Wooo! I am a spambot! :rolleyes:

Edited by andwhyisit, 06 April 2012 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 06 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

CROWJOB CHOO CHOO

This is the most helpful thread ever.

#8 06 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

taj1994 Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

This is the most helpful thread ever.

Agreed

#9 07 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

In all seriousness just pm me your hotmail account or post it here and I can change the email associated with your account to your hotmail one.

As for email forwarding you can find plenty of options for this in your gmail settings.

Last of all I would like to know what happened when you tried to sign up with your hotmail account so that I can fix the issue.

Sorry about the last post, I stayed up too late.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#10 07 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

taj1994 Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I can't seem to figure out how to send PMs on this forum, but for now, I can tell you what happened when I tried to sign up...

I filled out the form like normal, then when I hit "Create Account," it said "Errors were found with your registration. Please correct the highlighted fields below."

By the box where I typed in my e-mail address, it said "The email address you used is not accepted by this community. Please select a different email address."

Then, when I try to change my e-mail address in "My settings," it says that "That email address is already in use."

Once I know how to send PMs on this forum, I will send you the address.

Edited by taj1994, 07 April 2012 - 04:01 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users