Photo

Profile songs (???)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 28 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

MMXPERT Offline
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

I propose profile songs.

a small player is put into every profile, you upload an MP3 file to Fileden so it has .mp3 on the end of it's link.

Thus you can link the MP3 to the player so that it plays the MP3 for anyone visits your profile automatically.

Edited by MMXPERT, 28 March 2012 - 08:20 AM.

Let's see here.....nope.

#2 28 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

DoubleThink Offline
Up for a talk?
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Split from the Kanpachis thread (I don't even know anymore :critter:)

Edited by DoubleThink, 28 March 2012 - 10:37 AM.

I'm an admin c:

Quickie Mod Guide Update List (Missing uploads now welcome)

Spoiler

#3 28 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Offensive User
"Keep on rollin'!"

Wha...?

Okay after trying to understand what you just wrote (waking up could contribue to that, but I don't think that this is the case today), I just don't understand why we need profile songs to begin with. It is more gimmicky than useful, and mostly would be a dead (not used) feature after prrroobably a month if people actually used that feature in the first place.

Also I just don't understand why you can't just post a media file or YouTube link from the "About Me" section and just tell them to listen to that as soon as try come onto this page.

I make my own goddamn sites.

I don't need this goddamn site or any fuckin site.

I -am- Romeo MOTHERFUKIN Rose.

Spoiler
All hail Shaq

#4 28 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

MMXPERT Offline
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

lol how the heck did this end up in Kenpachis thread in the first place?

edit: You really think the feature would be dead after a month? I don't.

Edited by MMXPERT, 28 March 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Let's see here.....nope.

#5 28 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

It will get to the point where every second profile is Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley, Nyan Cat, it's OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAND techno remix, caramelldansen, or anything as equally annoying until we are driven to turn off our speakers and eventually turn the damn feature off, but not before it can drive away half of our new members during that period because they can't stand it either.

tl;dr: NO.

Edited by andwhyisit, 28 March 2012 - 11:38 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 28 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

MMXPERT Offline
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Well that depends completely on us.

I can name you a site which has the feature and NOT ONE SONG is an annoying one like the ones you mentioned.
Let's see here.....nope.

#7 28 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

bobbyis Offline
Banned
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

That may be because that site has a exemplary community. I know it would take me about thirty seconds to realize I could put so much ear-raping material on there, and I would proceed to do so.
I set my sail, fly the wind it will take me...

#8 28 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

If you were around for the name changing feature and the resulting stupidity that resulted from it then you would understand why I am reluctant to add any hideously abusable features to these forums. While this may work well on this site you mentioned I should note that this does not mean that it works everywhere.

That may be because that site has a exemplary community.

Or one that is centered around music more likely.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 28 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

MMXPERT Offline
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

I understand.

The people of these forums have not evolved enough to use these powers properly.
Let's see here.....nope.

#10 28 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Noxid Online
3cool

I understand.

The people of these forums have not evolved enough to use these powers properly.

Or maybe we realized that automatically playing embedded content was a stupid idea back in 1998 and the only practical application of it is to make yourself look like a douchebag
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
pending

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users