Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

RPGmaker General Discussion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 24 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat
"Man, if only I had an apple..."

Was looking into RPGmaker games again, and there are just so many hidden gems waiting to be found.
I don't know how much people know about them, so I thought I might start a topic here~

Feel free to recommend, discuss any RPGmaker games, I might even make a master list on this first post eventually, but for now; I will just do a little at a time.

To play free RPGmaker games, you will need the corresponding RPGmaker RTP (package with all the resources)
http://crankeye.com/?page=downloads

Desert Nightmare
8/10
Length : A Day?
A horror adventure about a girl stuck in a quiet town... with no way out... Kind of like a horror movie.
Posted Image
Download : http://rpgmaker.net/...ms/topics/2421/
Engine : RPGmaker 2000

Desert Nightmare is a nice German RPGmaker game that's been translated into english. It's pretty compelling, and it feels like a decent horror movie; although it didn't seem that scary to me. I highly recommend it, for a dark adventure!
Tell me what you think~

On the flipnote, there are really bad RPGmaker games... but they can be amusing :
WARNING : ABSURDITY

76561198051147654.png
Livestream Status : Currently offline.

NightShade Project, a Cave Story mod...~ Status SVN up
Hammerfall, a Hammerwatch mod...~ First map under construction, might open up the project
Cloud Story, a Cave Story prequel mod...~ Status Frozen, might make it a public works

#2 24 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

#3 24 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

I think there's six RPGs that are in the same series, think it's called "The Way"... The main character is Rhue, and that's all I can recall...

Ohhhh yes, The Way is one of my favorites, actually! (It's up there in my all time favorite RPGs...)
Here...

The Way
9/10
Length : Weeks
A very original fantasy RPG that excels at creating a compelling world with strong characters; in a very dark story. (There are options to skip battles and the mini-games.)

Alternate youtube song :
Spoiler

Download : http://www.crestfall...s/download.html
Alternate Download : http://rpgmaker.net/games/507/
Engine : RPGmaker 2000

The Way is a pretty dark story though, and it does start kind of slow. But, by episode 2 you should start to be sucked into this detailed world. Not for everyone, but I'm not the only one that calls this game a masterpiece...
Spoiler

Edited by X-Calibar, 24 February 2012 - 08:57 PM.

76561198051147654.png

Hammerfall, a Hammerwatch mod...~ First map under construction, might open up the project
Cloud Story, a Cave Story prequel mod...~ Status Frozen, might make it a public works

#4 25 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

#5 25 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Kanpachi Offline
Executive Member
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

I've got RPG maker 2003. It's so cool. I'm kind of stuck though.

Edited by Kanpachi, 25 February 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#6 25 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

The RPG Maker site... I think that's where I got some RPGs like The Way, Pokémon Topaz, Throne's Ascension, Eternal Destiny (RPG Maker 2003, I think), Fallen Wings, Master of Souls, Bloodsphere...

Oh... I haven't heard of any of those... I will have to get them next!

...I ended up downloading every RPG that had a 3.5 star or better on RPGmaker.net lol That was a lot of games...

And there's a ton of secrets in The Way too, which makes it hard, and I like hard games, so it's one of my favourite RPGs too!

Spoiler

But now, I'm trying to go through it all over again, with battles and minigames skipped (well, numerous of the hard ones).

Two days!! ...It took me like 400 hours... :o But, I did have battles and mini-games on, plus finished all secrets and endings.
Spoiler

I've got RPG maker 2003. It's so cool. I'm kind of stuck though.

What are you stuck on? :momo:
76561198051147654.png

#7 25 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Kanpachi Offline
Executive Member
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

I can't post it, i'm not on a file sharing website yet, but in my game (my first attempt at games) theres this bit where you rescue a little girl from a volcano, but i can't find a way to make her follow the hero back to her village.

#8 25 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Oh... I haven't heard of any of those... I will have to get them next!

...I ended up downloading every RPG that had a 3.5 star or better on RPGmaker.net lol That was a lot of games...

How many games, precisely? I guess more than a hundred?

Two days!! ...It took me like 400 hours... :o But, I did have battles and mini-games on, plus finished all secrets and endings.

Spoiler

EVERY SECRET!?
Spoiler

Oh, and is Pokémon Topaz included? And I've heard of Pokémon Steel, even downloaded it (didn't work any time I tried), and deleted it. Have to keep free space on my computer if I want to make new Pokémon only to place on my desktop (like a multiplication and division version of Plusle and Minun: Multiplo and Divida). And to install new games and to make more Cave Story mods. Could you make a list of all those games you downloaded? I'd like to see whether it may be something I'm interested in. I even have two Dragon Ball Z RPGMaker games from that site... but now I'll end here. I just hope I don't end up adding pastry as an enemy in a CS mod...
The real Shane seeks the truth, I seek to ruin his reputation. And so far, I am winning. That fool and that stupid ex-girlfriend of mine will pay dearly. :mad:

#9 26 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat

I can't post it, i'm not on a file sharing website yet, but in my game (my first attempt at games) theres this bit where you rescue a little girl from a volcano, but i can't find a way to make her follow the hero back to her village.

Ooo... Sounds interesting... I wanted to make a RPGmaker game... But, after I lost most of my work I kind of gave up on that project...
Mmmmm, what's the name of your first game? :D

How many games, precisely? I guess more than a hundred?

Somewhere in the 80s, but I've only played through a handful of them...

I downloaded all the RPGmaker games that I could with those ratings (from that particular site); that were complete; and my second pass downloading got hopefully most of the good rated demos. This doesn't account for RPGs with no ratings though... If it's new or if nobody reviewed it yet.

EVERY SECRET!?

Spoiler

Oh, and is Pokémon Topaz included?

Nope... I found a site that has a demo? of Pokemon Topaz, (RpgRevolution.com)
It has a lott of games that I haven't tried... But, almost all the ratings are 3 stars. So... I can't really judge the games by ratings on that site.

And I've heard of Pokémon Steel, even downloaded it (didn't work any time I tried), and deleted it. Have to keep free space on my computer if I want to make new Pokémon only to place on my desktop (like a multiplication and division version of Plusle and Minun: Multiplo and Divida). And to install new games and to make more Cave Story mods. Could you make a list of all those games you downloaded? I'd like to see whether it may be something I'm interested in. I even have two Dragon Ball Z RPGMaker games from that site... but now I'll end here. I just hope I don't end up adding pastry as an enemy in a CS mod...

Mmmm I'm running out of space slowly as well... >< I am backing up everything on my external drive though :D
Here... I put together a quick list of all the ... files/games I downloaded, the ones with a number in front I've rated; and the select few with a * at the end, I've played all the way through.
Spoiler

My ratings are skewed towards my interests though...
For example "wither" which I rated a 3, is really well put together... But, it was just a random depressing game that I wish I hadn't played.
While Schwombo which I rated a 7, is... sort of ridiculously put together lol But, it was a lot more enjoyable.

Mmmm Pastry....
and whew long post.
76561198051147654.png

#10 26 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Kanpachi Offline
Executive Member

Heh...
It's called the pickles of pickleton.:p

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users