Photo

So I finally beat the final boss

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 14 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Flamefury Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Twice, actually.

The first time I defeated it, I ran into the prefab building thinking I could save, exit, watch the normal ending and then reload to get into the bonus stage. Little did I know I was locked in. Meaning not only would I need to defeat the final boss again to watch the normal ending, I would need to do so to access the bonus stage after that.

Sigh. My mistake, I guess. It's not so bad, riiight?

So I try and try and try again and yay, I win after another hour or two of attempts. This time I'm moving forward, taking care to avoid entering the building and squish!

I died in the falling block segment right after.

Which means I need to defeat the final set of bosses again.

Hooray for 3HP!

No, but seriously, I'm really tired. It took me three days to even beat the final boss once and these weren't just 2 hours-a-day days, these were like, 8-hour attempts. I mean, today was only about 3 hours, but I spent nearly a weekend trying to win and now that I have, I still can't see even the normal ending!

Somebody tell me I'm not the only person who has gone through this. I need to study but I'll be damned if I keep letting the ending slip away like this!

#2 14 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

CROWJOB CHOO CHOO
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

You can talk to the bookcase and it will teleport you back outside.

#3 14 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Flamefury Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

...That was partially painful to read.

Thanks though, good to know I won't need to win two more times against the final bosses.

#4 14 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

"It's dangerous to go alone!"

Ah, I remember my first time beating ballos..

Used all my missles on the heavy press and not final form. Used my life pots on the first ballos.

Painful, painful lessons. At least you can relax now! Congrats, by the way. How'd you like the game?
"When people are idiots, I happen."
-HD McG.

#5 14 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Flamefury Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Hahaha, Ballos. Like I'll reach him anytime soon!

All-in-all, game was a blast. I was disappointed the hard mode was nothing more than a no life capsule no missile launcher run, but even still, it was a wonderful game. They really should have added a few more save points in hard mode though, but I'm going to blame whoever ported to the Wii / PC (not sure when hard mode was introduced).

Had I several more HP and a missile launcher, I would say the game's almost perfect.

Since I want to find out what happens regarding Curly though (favourite character) looks like I've got a Hell to run through. 3HP and no missiles, here I go!

...After midterms.

#6 14 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Spoiler

You Can Do It. I Believe In You.

#7 15 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

You Can Do It. I Believe In You.

points for obscure CS reference.
"When people are idiots, I happen."
-HD McG.

#8 15 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

Used my life pots on the first ballos.

Ugh. The amount of times I died midway through fighting Ballos just because I forgot to use the life pot.. *shakes head*

Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 15 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

"Huzzah!"
Location: LocationAustralia. In Bob Katter's secret techno-dungeon.

I never beat Ballos. I tampered with the scripting so I could watch the final cutscene instead.

#10 15 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ

Why did you feel compelled to tell us this twice?
Also, that's pretty much the worst thing you can do to Cave Story; hack it to skip a boss fight.
Not gonna earn you too many brownie points with the userbase, I'll tell you that much.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users