Photo

Sub-forum for Tutorials?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 26 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

JiNXeD Offline
Neophyte Member
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

Hey,

I think there should be a whole sub-forum for tutorials and help.
Like modding tutorials, walkthroughs, faqs....
Just an idea. Don't smite me if you don't like it.

#2 26 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Offensive User
"Keep on rollin'!"

To be honest, it's an okay idea, but I just don't see the point of it. Most of these are already on the Tribute Site (FAQ's, walkthroughs, just about everything regarding weapons characters and just about anything else with pixels), and if they aren't, then they're already in another forum and/or Stickey'd. Just about every version of the game tells you about all of the uber-complex controls in some way, so there's no need to explain a person how to move around in Cave Story.

And if this is about organizing everything into one forum, then it would be more like a potporri of modding, problems regarding Cave Story, and walkthroughs all in one forum.

I make my own goddamn sites.

I don't need this goddamn site or any fuckin site.

I -am- Romeo MOTHERFUKIN Rose.

Spoiler
All hail Shaq

#3 26 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Noxid Offline
3cool
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

I'm not sure why we'd need an entire subforum for tutorials when I could probably count them all off on one hand.
-My CS modding guide (video and text format)
-Carrotlord's assembly guide
-Dragonboot's now-disappeared modding guide
-The assembly compendium which contains basically 90% of all the general assembly info
-The function list which contains basically 95% of all the functions in the game

yep, 5. Even counting one that's dead now.

Edited by Noxid, 26 January 2012 - 10:34 PM.

kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
nCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gif
CAT DAY ALL DAY ERRY DAY

#4 27 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Lace Offline
Lesbian Seagull
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

There are a few more.
- Runelancer's NPC, Title Screen, Boss, Weapon, etc. Tutorials (most of which are now included in compendium though)
- Dooey's Weapon Thing (perhaps this includes a horrid tutorial written by me way back? I cannot recall)
- Like ten thousand HERE'S HOW TO DO MUSIC and HERE'S HOW TO DO GRAPHICS tutorials that nobody reads.

But still, this would be a silly addition.

A totally serious alternative is bans for people who don't read stickies.

Edited by Lace, 27 January 2012 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

#5 27 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

Dunc2403 Offline
Pizza Hut Delivery Slime
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Location: LocationWoah look at this I actually have stuff here now crazy

I agree with your proposed alternative.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users