Photo

Emulators

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 25 December 2011 - 03:46 AM

linkruler Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Huzzah!"

You forgot to mention the 3DS version.

I've returned after a short rest from the forums!

I'd like you guys to pm me which character I should use as the curly of island of elements. (are in the spoilers)

Spoiler
or
Spoiler

Adventurer's Forest

Spoiler

#32 25 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

yrotS evaC Offline
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

I pretty sure NIS owns the rights to that version.
empty sig is empty

#33 01 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Here's something that might interest people who've played Castlevania : Symphony of the Night/Dracula X : Nocturne in the Moonlight

Dracula X : Rondo of Blood (finally in english and dubbed!)
For the PCEngine system/emulator

The most sought-after game in the entire Castlevania series, and the one we should’ve gotten in the first place (I hate you, Konami), Dracula X: Rondo of Blood had multiple secret stages, CD audio, awesome synth music, and animated cutscenes. And the game rocked too!

It’s Castlevania on steroids. You don’t have the multiple-direction whip from Castlevania IV, but in its place you have an item crash, which is a super attack which changes depending on your secondary weapon.

I’d write more, but I haven’t played much of it. But know that it rocks. And that the SNES version has nothing to do with this game. OK, so the SNES version is a retooling, but this is much better.

^ video not using this translation
76561198051147654.png
Livestream Status : Currently offline.

Cloud Story, a Cave Story prequel mod...~ Status unknown
Unnamed Cave Story Mod, an adventure game...~ Status very slow

#34 02 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

bobbyis Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Um, I'm not sure, but you may wanna remove the link. We can talk about emulators, but not the ROMs themselves. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that we can't post links to ROMs.
I set my sail, fly the wind it will take me...

#35 02 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Noxid Offline
3cool
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Isn't that a patch? those are fine. I cant check at the moment...
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
SMsELPL.gif
sperg on brothers

#36 02 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

It's pretty grey to me, the link was to a usually safe site, that linked to a site that apparently had images that were described as patches? But, I think in order to play the image you had to buy the PCengine emulator (an official emulator?) or own the hardware, (there might be alternatives though, dunno, haven't looked)

Anyway, link removed~

It was released in Japan on October 29, 1993. A direct sequel to it, the critically acclaimed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was released in 1997.

Castlevania: Dracula X, a game based on it but with a different art style, redesigned levels and altered gameplay, was released internationally for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System two years later. In 2007 and 2008, Rondo of Blood saw a first North American, European and Australian release and 2.5D remake as part of Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for PlayStation Portable. The original PC Engine version became available in Japan in 2008 on Wii's Virtual Console and as an imported title, in Australia, Europe and North America in March 2010.

Alright looks like if you have a Wii you can support or a PSP you can play without the PCEngine...?

This is reminding me of when I shouted Tactics Ogre was finally translated for SNES! Except... apparently there was a PSP version that's better/already released or something :mahin:
76561198051147654.png
Livestream Status : Currently offline.

Cloud Story, a Cave Story prequel mod...~ Status unknown
Unnamed Cave Story Mod, an adventure game...~ Status very slow

#37 05 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Warrior Q Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I don't know if you guys remember this one, but GENECYST for SEGA.

Is that Megadrive (sorry, I'm an eurofag) emulator which its menu bar was bleeding?

The ones I use...

GB/GBC/GBA: VisualBoyAdvance-M
SNES: bsnes
NES: FCEUX
PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16: Ootake
NEC PC-98: Anex86
Gamecube: Dolphin
PlayStation: PCSX-Reloaded
Master System/Megadrive: Kega Fusion

Please excuse my (sometimes) awkward English. I'm still learning.
~Q

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users