Photo

Switch to IPBoard?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#271 04 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Dunc2403 Offline
Pizza Hut Delivery Slime
"That dog!"
Location: LocationWoah look at this I actually have stuff here now crazy

I've been here for over 100 days

^

#272 04 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Lol Qwexe that would be stupid why would the forums count in seconds? most forums including this one count in minutes/hours.

Both unix timestamps and mysql datetime fields store the number of seconds in addition to minutes, hours, and date. This would have been the case with the old forums as well. Just because it doesn't show the number of seconds on your user profile doesn't mean that it doesn't store it or use it in date comparisons.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#273 05 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Level 9999 hoodwinker
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."

Oh, hey. So now that this topic is bumped, could we get some conversion glitch fixes going again? Please? If so, here's what's still to be done:

1) We still haven't gotten those signpost sprites from Cave Story next to the topics back yet.
2) Hyperlinks and image imbeds embeds still do not show up as bbcode.
3) If the number of open and close quotes are not equal to each other in a post, then it will tell you, and not publish the post. This is very annoying. I wish it would allow your error to go, then you could see where the problem is,and fix it, instead of having to carfully look through your post and find the extra open/close quote. You also get this if your post has more than ten quotes, regardless of wether or not the number of openings equals the number of closes.
4) I know you said you were having trouble getting this to work, but it would still be nice if one's age would be displayed above the user's post.

Edited by HaydenStudios, 05 February 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Small mods:
Spoiler

#274 05 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

1) We still haven't gotten those signpost sprites from Cave Story next to the topics back yet.

Without the key at the bottom it just would have made things confusing, so I purposefully omitted it.

2) Hyperlinks and image imbeds still do not show up as bbcode.

You mean "embeds" right? As I mentioned before, such a thing would require medium to large scale changes to the editor's code, all of which would need to be recreated or reinserted every single time I upgrade the forums. While fixing the spoiler, hide, and youtube buttons in the editor was all well and good, I do not wish to go far beyond that since it would just become unmanageable.

3) If the number of open and close quotes are not equal to each other in a post, then it will tell you, and not publish the post. This is very annoying. I wish it would allow your error to go, then you could see where the problem is,and fix it, instead of having to carfully look through your post and find the extra open/close quote.

I am not sure how to change this, so I can't help you there. Plus it isn't really a bug.

4) I know you said you were having trouble getting this to work, but it would still be nice if one's age would be displayed above the user's post.

It may be possible if I can insert php into the template and calculate it manually, but I shouldn't make the change while the forums are live, so it'd have to wait until the next time I upgrade the forums, whenever that might be.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#275 05 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Level 9999 hoodwinker

Without the key at the bottom it just would have made things confusing, so I purposefully omitted it.

I see. And would it be too much effort to add a key at the bottom?

You mean "embeds" right?

Whoops, yes. That's what I meant.

As I mentioned before, such a thing would require medium to large scale changes to the editor's code, all of which would need to be recreated or reinserted every single time I upgrade the forums. While fixing the spoiler, hide, and youtube buttons in the editor was all well and good, I do not wish to go far beyond that since it would just become unmanageable.

*sigh* Alright.

I am not sure how to change this, so I can't help you there. Plus it isn't really a bug.

Indeed, it is not a bug, but it is aggrivating none the less.

It may be possible if I can insert php into the template and calculate it manually, but I shouldn't make the change while the forums are live, so it'd have to wait until the next time I upgrade the forums, whenever that might be.

Ok.

Edited by HaydenStudios, 05 February 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Small mods:
Spoiler

#276 06 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

DoubleThink Offline
Qualities of quality

I see. And would it be too much effort to add a key at the bottom?

I think I can field this one

Posted Image

Edited by DoubleThink, 06 February 2012 - 11:47 AM.

I'm definitely not an admin and you should bother Noxid instead because he really loves that

Quickie Mod Guide Update List (Missing uploads now welcome)

Spoiler

#277 24 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Noxid Offline
3cool

Some more things
URL parsing works in Profile Message comments, but still botches on the actual profile messages. It's really frustrating :/
The display size of an avatar on profiles is 100x100, but on posts it's 90x90. This causes images that should be correct to get unexpectedly resized, and makes a bit of a mess of pixel-art avatars.
Never mind, I guess that was just the fault of the ancient version of firefox I have at work.

Edited by Noxid, 24 February 2012 - 09:51 PM.

kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
SMsELPL.gif
sperg on brothers

#278 24 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Level 9999 hoodwinker

Also, I forgot to mention when I brought up the quote tags. The error message for the non-matching number of quotes also shows up if more than ten quote boxes are used in the post, regardless of wether the number of opens is equal to the number of closes. And what happens to posts with more than ten quote boxes that were posted before the IPBoard conversion? Take a look at what's become of DoubleThink's mod guide. Plus, admins and moderators aren't able to change the avatars of normal users on IPBoard, so Noxid isn't able to give that spiffy new avatar to all banned members, which would be funny. :(

Edited by HaydenStudios, 24 February 2012 - 09:39 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Small mods:
Spoiler

#279 25 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

Offensive User
"Keep on rollin'!"

When I post on someone else's wall/profile area/whatever, I don't get a notification if someone replied back to it. Sometimes I never even know whether or not the person has replied, and I eventually find the reply right where it should be, without giving me a notification. In theory, I could get a notification if I put a reply in the same area, but it still would be nice if I was notified even if I don't reply in the same area.

Spoiler

All hail Shaq

#280 26 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

Also, I forgot to mention when I brought up the quote tags. The error message for the non-matching number of quotes also shows up if more than ten quote boxes are used in the post, regardless of wether the number of opens is equal to the number of closes. And what happens to posts with more than ten quote boxes that were posted before the IPBoard conversion? Take a look at what's become of DoubleThink's mod guide. Plus, admins and moderators aren't able to change the avatars of normal users on IPBoard, so Noxid isn't able to give that spiffy new avatar to all banned members, which would be funny. :(

Actually it's just Moderators that can't. I can't find a way to fix that though. If you can find an app, mod, or hook for IPBoard 3.2.x that allows the changing of avatars from the Moderator CP then let me know. Quotes, however, should be working now.

When I post on someone else's wall/profile area/whatever, I don't get a notification if someone replied back to it. Sometimes I never even know whether or not the person has replied, and I eventually find the reply right where it should be, without giving me a notification. In theory, I could get a notification if I put a reply in the same area, but it still would be nice if I was notified even if I don't reply in the same area.

That should be under your user settings I would think. I could be wrong though.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users