Photo

Zelda Story

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 10 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Not COMMA
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

How much do you have already planned? The engines/gameplay for Cave Story and various Zelda games you've listed are drastically different in style (MM and OoT are 3D, for one), what elements from these Zelda games do you plan to implement and integrate? If dungeons will have a lot of puzzle elements like Zelda, keep in mind that you'll need some decent coding skills. Are you recreating dungeons from Zelda into, or designing them from scratch? How will the storylines be merged together?

I could be completely wrong, but it doesn't sound like you've really developed how you're going to go about this project, and this sounds like a big project. I'm not trying to dissuade you from continuing, just make sure you know what you're doing before you do it, or you're in for a lot of unnecessary frustration.

1. It's kind of more the storys of those games that I'm combining, not so much the gameplay. It's still going to be cave story physics, but many zelda themes will appear.
2. I haven't really worked on the dungeons to much, but I am going to try to recreate them. But I will edit things so it will work with a side scroller perspective.

Also I love Zelda 2.:(

#12 20 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Doors Offline
Unprofessional Hentai Artsmith
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

This.
This has potential.
If you're making hardcore TSC puzzles I'd be happy to help as much as I can if you need it.

9vdpd.jpg

Tumblr (Reblogs, ecchi and art)
Other Tumblr (NSFW, bad fetishy art blog)
Deviantart
Weasyl

#13 20 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

linkruler Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Huzzah!"

I have an idea. Turn the blade into the bomb and when it makes contact with an enemy, it will explode.

I've returned after a short rest from the forums!

I'd like you guys to pm me which character I should use as the curly of island of elements. (are in the spoilers)

Spoiler
or
Spoiler

Adventurer's Forest

Spoiler

#14 20 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

Doors Offline
Unprofessional Hentai Artsmith
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

*cough* missile launcher.

9vdpd.jpg

Tumblr (Reblogs, ecchi and art)
Other Tumblr (NSFW, bad fetishy art blog)
Deviantart
Weasyl

#15 21 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

Not COMMA
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Uhhhh...
This mod is sort of abandon. I really only got 2 rooms done, but I can continue this if you want me to. But right now my focus is on Take 8 and Cave Story 8-bit.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users