Photo
- - - - -

Team Fortress 2 Cave Story Pack

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 07 October 2011 - 04:34 AM

Neophyte Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Well, it's not a Cave Story mod, but it's a mod involving Cave Story!

I started making a Polar Star model, just for fun. Then I made another one, based on the Blade. Then I got the idea to make them into Team Fortress 2 weapon reskins, because hey, there aren't many good ones online (Painted blue weapons with stars on them? Boring).

Fast forward a few weeks, and now I have a three-man team, who have been a tremendous help, and many, many items made. And as fortune turns out, Just as we near completion of this fan pack, I find that Nicalis is releasing Cave Story to Steam, which adds the potential of these things actually being released into the game as promo items! (For those not familiar, Team Fortress tends to release weapons and hats as promotions for upcoming Steam titles).

The funny thing is my team itself: Though I played the hell out of Cave Story, the other two have never even heard of the game until they saw my Polar Star. So I wanted to get input on an actual community of Cave Story fans for ideas and stuff. And to show off, but that's another thing entirely :awesomeface:

And, appropriate for the first two things I started, the Polar Star and King's Blade are the first to be finished, and I'll show them off here:

And if you like what you see, the rest of the pack can be found here:
http://forums.tf2mod...ead.php?tid=193

Any comments, input, etc., is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: It appears my youtube videos don't wanna work, so I'll upload some screenshots instead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These last two, the Spur and Super Missile respectively, were made by the other two members of my modelling team, Jalcober and Tal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 07 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Oh wow, this is awes.
If I still played TF2 I'd be all over this.
Keep up the good work sirs :3

#3 07 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

Neophyte Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Oh wow, this is awes.
If I still played TF2 I'd be all over this.
Keep up the good work sirs :3

Danke schön :awesomeface:

Why not keep playing Team Fortress 2? I still enjoy it very much

#4 07 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

ayy lmao

Fixed those embedded videos for you.

These items look extremely awesome. I do wonder why you opted to give the Scout a sword, though. Seems like something the Demoman should have.

#5 07 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ

The scout already has a sword of similar size to the blade, it makes sense. It's called like Three-Rune something rather, it has the same effect as the Boston Basher iirc. And the Demoman has enough goddamn swords already.
I stopped playing because I played it for 2 hours every day for a year and got tired of it.
I'm sure some spark will cause an end to my hiatus.

About the skins though, I'm sad you remodelled the atomizer, I really don't like the weapon very much D:
On the other hand, <3 The Winger

#6 07 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

Carrotlord Offline
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Very cool models. It's nice that you're working with others on this project.
I'm not sure how well your interaction with Nicalis will go, but okay.

#7 07 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Neophyte Member

Very cool models. It's nice that you're working with others on this project.
I'm not sure how well your interaction with Nicalis will go, but okay.

My idea is this: One of the weapons from Team Fortress, The Vita Saw, is a direct rip off of a weapon from Bioshock. However, Valve liked it, and asked the devs of Bioshock permission to use it, which they granted.

My point is this: If Nicalis doesn't respond to me (likely, since I'm a nobody), I'll contribute it to Valve, and if they like it, they'll ask Nicalis for me. And I assume Valve has a much, MUCH louder voice than I

The scout already has a sword of similar size to the blade, it makes sense. It's called like Three-Rune something rather, it has the same effect as the Boston Basher iirc.

About the skins though, I'm sad you remodelled the atomizer, I really don't like the weapon very much D:
On the other hand, <3 The Winger

Funny thing about that, I actually originally started the King's Blade because I really disliked the design of the Three-Rune! XD Don't worry, there will also be a reskin for the Boston Basher

Fixed those embedded videos for you.

These items look extremely awesome. I do wonder why you opted to give the Scout a sword, though. Seems like something the Demoman should have.

PLEASE PM me the embed codes for the youtube videos, I can't copy them T-T

And actually, the reason is this: Of all the classes in Team Fortress 2, I just thought the Scout resembled Quote the most. Ergo, most items in the pack are designed to make a Quote-Scout! Although, Quote was described as a "Scout-Soldier", so surprise-surprise, there are also Soldier items being made, too.

#8 07 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Carrotlord Offline
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

I'll contribute it to Valve, and if they like it, they'll ask Nicalis for me. And I assume Valve has a much, MUCH louder voice than I

If Nicalis was a small beetle, Valve would be a T-rex. Mutated to be extra large.

Anyway Valve might be more responsive than Nicalis. And I'm actually serious about that.

the embed codes for the youtube videos

To use a youtube embed, only put the ID of the video inside the [ YOUTUBE ] tags. Do not put the full URL. Or you could look here.

#9 07 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

ayy lmao

To embed videos, you only put the v976y4ib5u part of the URL in the YOUTUBE tags.

I'd to see the rest of the Cave Story weapons implemented. Demoman with the Fireball, Soldier with the Missile Launcher, Sniper with the Machine Gun and Spur (possibly?), and good luck with the Bubbler.

#10 07 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

Neophyte Member

If Nicalis was a small beetle, Valve would be a T-rex. Mutated to be extra large.

Anyway Valve might be more responsive than Nicalis. And I'm actually serious about that.

This makes me so happy to hear. I seriously need to get this pack finished up, then!

I'd to see the rest of the Cave Story weapons implemented. Demoman with the Fireball, Soldier with the Missile Launcher, Sniper with the Machine Gun and Spur (possibly?), and good luck with the Bubbler.

If you haven't noticed with the whole "Cave Story Steam is coming soon" thing, I don't have very much time to get stuff done XD

Don't get me wrong! I had so much planned. I really wanted to give the Sniper the MachineGun, make the Fireball and Curly's Panties for the Pyro... Time is a cruel thing. What wasn't almost finished already was just scrapped entirely.

Although! You missed the Super Missile and the Spur in my first post! Both are going to be for the Soldier (IE: The Spur will be for the Righteous Bison. And it will be RIGHTEOUS)

Also I'm seriously happy you guys like this stuff. No offence, I half-expected to be flayed alive for mistakes and stuff I made, but so far you guys have been awesome. So as thanks, have this little thing I whipped up:

Posted Image
"Grass Grows, Birds Fly, Sun shines, and Brudda? I shoot robots"

EDIT: I'm surprised nobody's mentioned The Demon's Crown yet. No joke, I was facepalming hard when I made a correlation between The Doctor, and the Medic. A natural choice XD

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users