Photo

Cave Story: Snarky Edition

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 09 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

jed37 Offline
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Location: LocationOutside your window. No no, don't check, it's okay.

Have you ever wished there was a version of CS where Quote could talk? What if Quote wasn't Quote, but was some random guy who looks suspiciously like my avatar?

I'm working to grant that strangely specific wish!

Here's the demo. I've only changed things up to the first Balrog battle, but you get the idea. The main character says stuff, and you'll have a few different options for courses of action, throughout the game. Example: Stealing the parts of the Spur from the Hermit Gunsmith's pocket, while he's asleep.

It also includes my blade mod, which is working, though unfinished because I can't find the blade's hitrects. If anyone wants to help, feel free.

EDIT: Updated it a bit, some changes to when you meet Itoh, and I used the core drowning flag in the Reservoir! You DO NOT want to drown in there after killing ChinFish. Also, check out the Frenzied Toroko battle!

EDIT 9/6/11: Consistent changes now go up to the beginning of the sand zone. Also updated with the most recent version of the Cave Story Blade Mod! Now the blade hits where it should!

Download:
CS Snark (DEMO 0.4)

CS Snark (DEMO 0.2)

Let your life be a counter friction to stop the machine.

#2 09 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

Lace Offline
Lesbian Seagull
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Holy shit you read my mind!
That was exactly my creepily specific wish!

Like I said in the qa thread, I'll try looking for those rects if I remember and have time, but moe3rew.
edit: yo dat download no work for me
Posted Image

#3 09 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

jed37 Offline
Absentee Modder

As in, you can't download it? Odd, the link works fine for me...

Or does the game not work?

#4 09 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

Lace Offline
Lesbian Seagull
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Welp it works now so nbd.

Edit:
I like the balrog dynamic. It sets up a much more interesting rivalry than there was in the original game.
I would recommend you remove extraneous files (manual etc) as a courtesy to those who download, and also make it some picture besides the smile guy because I am going to have nightmares now D:
Posted Image

#5 09 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

jed37 Offline
Absentee Modder

I like the balrog dynamic. It sets up a much more interesting rivalry than there was in the original game.

Thanks! Yeah, it just seemed like they should get along well, lol.

also make it some picture besides the smile guy because I am going to have nightmares now D:

Hmm... The smile face creeps me out a bit too... But I don't know what to change to make it a less creepy smile. Any ideas?

#6 09 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

Kick Ass Offline
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

Hahaha. I love this. Especially how he is obsessed about how the pendant is SHINY!!! One problem. When they are taking Sue away and your guy is confirming that she is not sue "It is true" before that it says "I'm not Sue" with his facepic. Apart from that... Awesome!
I've failed my Mathematics Exam so many times now that I've lost count.
Mah Deviantart page

Science pun

#7 09 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Omega Offline
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"

My scanner is picking up a typo. Protagonist: Youre a talking rabbit, and you're dont believe in those kind of things?
I'm a beta tester who spends almost all my time on the PC, so I can answer requests very quickly. As for my beta testing skills, I like to say I exaggerate it but it still pays off.

Posted Image

#8 09 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Someguy Offline
Been here way too long...
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Liked the part with Balrog, so far I'm likign what I'm seeing.
Good job.
Crazier than you think.

#9 10 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

jed37 Offline
Absentee Modder

Updated it a bit, some changes to when you meet Itoh, and I used the core drowning flag in the Reservoir! You DO NOT want to drown in there after killing Kanpachi's chinfish. Also, check out the Frenzied Toroko battle!

#10 10 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Omega Offline
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Oh my god! My poor spine!!
I'm a beta tester who spends almost all my time on the PC, so I can answer requests very quickly. As for my beta testing skills, I like to say I exaggerate it but it still pays off.

Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users