Photo

Milon's Secret Cave!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 22 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

Tpcool Offline
2cool? More like Tpcool.
"Deaths: 4000"

Progress for my first mod: Milon's Secret Cave.

This game will act as an alternate ending of sorts to the first game. It's also a homage to the whole Milon series because I don't think it has been treated fairly.

For progress not listed on this topic, check out my blog.

A TAS (Tool-assissted) video of the original game:
Spoiler

Edited by Tpcool, 06 August 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Tpcool Development: Updated 04-01-14

squads and other such oof:
Spoiler

are you trying to tell me that the full title of CS is Cave Story: Cave Story
I feel like that's not the case

#2 22 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Kick Ass Offline
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

I don't really know what it is either. You should add a link to your post like this : http://en.wikipedia....s_Secret_Castle
so that people know a little bit about the game. I watched a game trailer and it reminds me a bit of Mario ;)
I've failed my Mathematics Exam so many times now that I've lost count.
Mah Deviantart page

Science pun

#3 22 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

Tpcool Offline
2cool? More like Tpcool.

Trailer? Wat? The only thing I could think of would be a fan trailer (but not many fans of the game?). Errr... but yeah I'll edit the original post later with more info when I get back on a computer.

#4 22 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Noxid Offline
3cool
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

I played this game once and it's Nintendo Hard. The premise seems to be an autistic boy running around an abandoned castle blowing bubbles at things, but I could be wrong. Anyway, if you think you can make a better game around that premise, go for it!
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
SMsELPL.gif
sperg on brothers

#5 22 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Tpcool Offline
2cool? More like Tpcool.

I played this game once and it's Nintendo Hard. The premise seems to be an autistic boy running around an abandoned castle blowing bubbles at things, but I could be wrong. Anyway, if you think you can make a better game around that premise, go for it!

Yep, that's the best explanation of the game XD
And it won't be a true sequel (in terms of original storyline) but I hope to make a better game out of it than the original!

#6 22 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Omega Offline
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Well good luck. Maybe once you finish it (if you do) ill e-mail it to avgn and see what he thinks about it.
I'm a beta tester who spends almost all my time on the PC, so I can answer requests very quickly. As for my beta testing skills, I like to say I exaggerate it but it still pays off.

Posted Image

#7 22 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

Tpcool Offline
2cool? More like Tpcool.

Well good luck. Maybe once you finish it (if you do) ill e-mail it to avgn and see what he thinks about it.

That'd be great! It would be absolutely hilarious to see his reaction (assuming he actually looks at his e-mails, I assume people like him don't).

#8 22 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

DoubleThink Offline
Qualities of quality
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

That is a really really really really really really really bad idea
I'm definitely not an admin and you should bother Noxid instead because he really loves that

Quickie Mod Guide Update List (Missing uploads now welcome)

Spoiler

#9 22 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Tpcool Offline
2cool? More like Tpcool.

Gosh, is it really that bad? o_o
I mean, I don't plan on making a dick game like the original lol. It will have a completely different difficulty than the original.

#10 22 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Omega Offline
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"

I assure you that is something that i think is awesome enough to warrant its own thread in the satellite lounge.

Why?

edit: And tpcool im pretty sure i heard that mike the guy who sometimes tags along with james for some of the board game reviews checks his emails and messages.
I'm a beta tester who spends almost all my time on the PC, so I can answer requests very quickly. As for my beta testing skills, I like to say I exaggerate it but it still pays off.

Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users