Photo
- - - - -

Owl boy

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 22 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

dutatziki Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

From what I can tell, I never played a winged character on a finished game.

Posted Image

Escape from underworld, a game created for a competition, had a fallen angel but the game was way too much unpolished to be enjoyable to me, thought intro was really great.

Owl boy is into serious flight. At first there's a catchy 8-bit tune, then monkeys are purples and I like very much the futuristic looking like antics aspect of the gameplay.

Posted ImagePosted Image

While unfinished the game has already won an award (Norwegian game award), due released is said to be for the end of the quarter, at least for beta testing. I don't know how much it will cost but I guess it will be affordable.

The game seems very classic on many ways but he seems huge too, and that's why I'm waiting for it's release.

#2 22 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

trickybilly Offline
I am
"Deaths: 4000"

That looks awesome :) I only see a link for the fallen angel game thing, but not for Owl boy. Is/will it be freeware?

I am all and all is me.

#3 22 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

CROWJOB CHOO CHOO
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Owl Boy is the fallen angel thing.

And it looks fucking awesome.

#4 23 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

dutatziki Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

That looks awesome :) I only see a link for the fallen angel game thing, but not for Owl boy. Is/will it be freeware?

To me as it is developped for both xbox and pc, it will not be freeware. Much more informations can be found on the designers site at DPadWebsite

It looks fine indeed, I forgot to mention the heroe apparently "can carry things and people" thingy which is a trend I'm not fond of (games with physics you know).

Owl Boy is the fallen angel thing.

And it looks fucking awesome.

Fallen Angel is the studio that brang us A game with a Kitty, one of my "overall" favorite games.

Now, the flying intro of Escape the underworld was absolutely great, may be that was that that let me think that Owl boy could be a great game.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users