Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Cave Story - Redesign v0.50.6

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#11 24 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

Lace Offline
Lesbian Seagull
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Yes, bugs.
Toroko dissaparates before running offscreen, and you can get into the passage next to the instadeath spikes, and the sue and igor thing looks absurd because you can see them standing there, and you know toroko can run faster than you, so it's weird that she and king waited for you to begin fighting. you might need to rearrange things to make it all look a bit shinier.
Posted Image

#12 24 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

sexplosive Offline
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

I might go in to detail later but all everyone needs to know right now is that this is the best thing ever

#13 24 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Dubby Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Mmm yes, bugs. I know~ I've been busy today fixing most of the minor bugs yall have already posted, as well as working on the ASM for the missile launcher. (Weapon exp level will double the number of missiles you can have "active" [think onscreen, or flying already]. 2:4:8. Lv 3 does not shoot 3 missiles at once either, well as soon as I find the address that's doing that. The missiles also wobble. There will be upgrades for the missile launcher that will change the projectile (improving it), etc.) Now, uh... to be a bit more specific in replying.......

myeh I'm stuck at the fly part of egg corridor. (dunt feel like just jumping in front of missile place and continuing)

Would you please take a screenshot of where exactly it is you're stuck?

add skipflags to the cutscenes, especially the one with pachi, where I was too lazy to save after.

That's being done for 0.10.3, which I'm working on right now.

if you talk to jack twice before toroko is kidnapped, he gets stuck in a loop.

This should be fixed in 0.10.2, I'll double check anyways to make sure, though.

If you go far enough to the top of cthuluhuhuhu's place, you can see the background.

That was intentional, but it's been taken out in 0.10.3, as I swapped the Egg Corridor: Breach mapfile with the Cthulu map file, meaning breach now has a working background.

Toroko never mentions the doctor killing her brother, yet dead he is.

Actually she -does-. She has three separate responses depending on what you did in the reservoir. Two of the outcomes ultimately have bad results for Toroko, and one has a slightly less bad result. If you did the correct thing, she'll talk about her brother (and different music will play until balrog crashes the party).

why can you break breakable platforms from beneath/sideways? and shoot them to death?

They're an NPC, placed on tile 64. Monsters treat it as solid, and you of course walk on the npcs. I tried many times to get a solid block with an npc inside it poking out the top, but the best I could do was get a block that would crumble only if you *LANDED* on it (ie: jumped, then landed ON the block). Actually walking on them would not make them crumble. I dont have any other work around atm.

nothing damages you in the graveyard.
unless you touch the rmushrooms after you just shot them.

Actually that's because mushrooms will not damage you from behind or ontop. You can ride them (albiet a bouncy ride). They'll come into play as an exploration tactic in the ruins underneath the village (that area is not complete yet).

when you come out with the pendant toroko doesnt approach to you until only your ahead of her... so you need to get her closer to the door.

This is fixed in 0.10.3, which I'm still working on.

and also when you find the strange meat its name on the screen is like @#^%R6346345tfsTG#$W%A.. just when you find it tho.

That's an easter egg. :) It's the glitched super meat boy from... super meat boy. If you count the digits in the 'name', it should fit "GLITCHED MEATBOY". Perhaps I might change it later. It does nothing, though.

#14 24 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

sexplosive Offline

Actually she -does-. She has three separate responses depending on what you did in the reservoir.

I came

okay going into why this is great:
the new machine switches and such are pretty awesome, and very unique. they add a lot to the game.

all the new graphics you made (the bridges, extra dirt/ tile graphics, the missile expansion, etc) look fucking amazing, just like the original art style.

This whole branching possibility thing with cutscenes is just plain awesome

also you are a brilliant master of map design (I loved egg corridor holy shit) and item placement. I like how you move from maps now too, but try to have one direction movement with the black stuff for each. like black > background the background > black if that makes sense.

the new bosses you added were really cool. I especially liked balrog because the original fight was not a challenge at all. continuing on the challenge, it's at the perfect level.

expanded areas and new stuff going on in the plot it's all great

in short this is just awesome thank you thank you thank you

#15 25 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

Lvl 1
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Posted Image
I'm talking to kazuma and he's not even there. His bike is outside though. (I haven't made it across the weed to the shelter yet)

Also I recommend using the "special solid" flag instead of the "solid" flag for the block npcs, since the collisions from the sides with "solid" npcs are kind of bouncy.

And all the H/V triggers are somewhat annoying in the grasstown area, and especially during the fight against balrog there, since script events take away your invulnerability. Maybe you should talk to lace, since I remember he made a hack that would make it so that TSC events would not take away your invulnerability.

[EDIT]: Oh hey look I found kazuma:
Spoiler

[EDIT2]: Oh yeah I almost forgot, at some points the camera felt a little bit slower than it should have been. You were using the standard <FOM0016, right?

#16 25 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

Dubby Offline

[EDIT]: Oh hey look I found kazuma:

Yeah, I found that bug too. It's been fixed for the next version already.

[EDIT2]: Oh yeah I almost forgot, at some points the camera felt a little bit slower than it should have been. You were using the standard <FOM0016, right?

Actually no. Most maps use 32, as it provides smoother movement. There are a few places where 64 might of gotten stuck, but they've all been fixed (that I've found) to 32. There are a few 'faster' areas, where the rate is changed to 16 while the player is moving more quickly in that area. That sort of thing is in 0.10.3 though.

#17 26 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

sexplosive Offline

oh hey uh so I was wondering what the three different outcomes you can get are.
Spoiler

#18 26 February 2011 - 03:47 AM

Dubby Offline

oh hey uh so I was wondering what the three different outcomes you can get are.

Spoiler

Also, updated for v0.10.3 release. Lotta bug fixes and stuff.

#19 26 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

sexplosive Offline

just found an issue where if you leave after defeating igor, the missile and health refill, as well as the save will appear in the room upon re-entry. Of course, this overlaps with sue's event, making so you can't progress.

If I find any more bugs I'll just update this post.

#20 26 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Dubby Offline

I could'a sworn I'd fixed that, cause I found that issue too. Hrm. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Shit found another serious bug. Will be uploading 0.10.4 sometime very soon in order to fix these two issues. >_<

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users