Photo

High Quality Cave Story (PC) Music MP3 Rip

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Thread Closed
9 replies to this topic

#1 28 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

Awakened Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

None of the other mp3 rips of the PC version I could find sounded very good or looped at least once, so I went and found a way to rip it myself. At first I tried recording from OrgView through Stereo Mix directly in Wavepad, which didn't sound very good for some reason.

So instead I got Fraps to record it by using Kega's snowy idle screen. I recorded each track that way as a video file. Then I used vdub to save out the sound as wav, Wavepad to trim out the silence and add fadeouts, Winlame to convert into high quality VBR, and MP3Tag to tag and add album art. It was kind of a round about way of doing it, but the resulting rip sounds as good as OrgView playing in Vista (so none of the crackling in XP) to me.

The tracks play twice, then fadeout. I included a playlist file too.

So here's the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KKI1QOAD
Edit: Added White, Got Item!, Get Heart Tank!, Victory!, and Game Over.

#2 28 October 2010 - 04:02 AM

X-Calibar Offline
gigantic immortal cat
"Man, if only I had an apple..."

Nice work!

This reminds me... When I first played Cave Story years ago I did something similar xD
Nobody downloaded it at the time so I forgot about it...
It only looped once and faded out I think, but on the plus side it used a lossless quality format (APE), <3 with my headphones :D
76561198051147654.png
Livestream Status : Currently offline.

Cloud Story, a Cave Story prequel mod...~ Status Zzzzzz
Unnamed Cave Story Mod, an adventure game...~ Status troubled

#3 28 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

odber Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Thanks for the rip!

But...you're missing White / King's Theme. If it's a matter of not being able to record it due to not going through hell fast enough, I'm sure someone is willing to share a suitable save file.

edit: or could you record it through the game's musicplayer (orgview)?

#4 28 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

JetHawk95 Offline
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

Im sure GIRakaCheezer ripped a high quality kings theme, looped it twice and uploaded it for us. But nice sound track dude,

Heh, this a pretty original idea. Making a mod that's simply TSC script. I'm not sure if anyone's thought of this on the forums. Not even Noxid, that sly bastard!!

Posted Image
"Gotta Get Teh Shiny Shiny Ringz!"

#5 28 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Awakened Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Thanks for the rip!

But...you're missing White / King's Theme. If it's a matter of not being able to record it due to not going through hell fast enough, I'm sure someone is willing to share a suitable save file.

edit: or could you record it through the game's musicplayer (orgview)?

Does OrgView "unlock" music based on your save file? I just did everything in that.

#6 28 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

JetHawk95 Offline
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

nopee kings theme isnt in the org view

Heh, this a pretty original idea. Making a mod that's simply TSC script. I'm not sure if anyone's thought of this on the forums. Not even Noxid, that sly bastard!!

Posted Image
"Gotta Get Teh Shiny Shiny Ringz!"

#7 28 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Anyone know why the tribute site mp3 of The Way Back Home is missing percussion?
Per03, I believe.
The cowbells type instrument.

#8 28 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Awakened Offline
Novice Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I used OrgPlayer with the org on the site to record and add White. I also added Got Item!, Get Heart Tank!, Victory!, and Game Over in a SFX folder in the zip.

#9 28 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Bumped.
mca.png
Fastest Hell Run: 1.59.22
Fastest Game Run: 15.23.58

#10 28 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Noxid Offline
3cool
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Thanks for your input.
Hidden text highlight to view:
translation for the impaired: bump like that again and you will be in considerable trouble

The link is dead so nobody ever needs to post on this thread again, find somewhere else to get your cave story music perhaps
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
nCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gif
CAT DAY ALL DAY ERRY DAY

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users