Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

A Lost Land

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 13 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

Carrotlord Offline
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Newest version: v1.10

Here's my take on a CS sequel.

Plotline: Takes place after killing Ballos in the original Cave Story. After Balrog, Quote, and Curly fly off and try to find a good place to live, Quote is suddenly struck by... amnesia (Deja vu time). After a while, Quote & Curly find themselves somehow underground. They soon discover that the demon crown still exists and is acting stranger than ever...

Download Links
Version 1.10
Version 1.01

Mirror Links: Only use if mediafire isn't working
v1.10 | v1.10
v1.01

Ports
Yes indeed, this mod is playable on Macs and the PSP.
The mac port of this mod can be found here, and the PSP port is here. Credit goes to Andwhyisit for porting these.

Screens:
Posted Image

Edited by Carrotlord, 19 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#2 13 February 2010 - 04:10 AM

Obonga Offline
Presidential Supporter of Greens
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

all right, time to release a mod...

Here's my take on a cs sequel.

Plotline: Takes place after killing ballos in the original cave story. After balrog, quote, and curly fly off and try to find a good place to live, quote is suddenly struck by... Amnesia (deja vu time). After a while, quote & curly find themselves somehow underground. They soon discover that the demon crown still exists and is acting stranger than ever...

download link

screens:
Posted Image

fucking awwweeesome.

Dooownloadding!

#3 13 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

Mike73 Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Huzzah!"

Looks awesome.
I'm gonna download it right now.
Posted Image

Not that these forums need this sig flashed around the place as badly as my main community I'm in...

Dead Frontier: Teh Epicness
http://www.deadfrontier.com/

#4 13 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

Fluff8836 Offline
Executive Member
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

I get the message:

NOTICE: No Servers are currently available with the requested data on them.
Please retry your request in a moment.

From time to time, I cannot download the file from MediaFire. I will just wait it out. Try hosting your file in other sites just in case I get tired of waiting... (for example... zSHARE)

#5 13 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

Carrotlord Offline
Not anymore

I get the message:

From time to time, I cannot download the file from MediaFire. I will just wait it out. Try hosting your file in other sites just in case I get tired of waiting... (for example... zSHARE)

Wow. The first day I use mediafire, and this is already happening.

Really sorry about that. Here is another link:
Link

which is hosted on my website (hopefully that should be more reliable than a download server).

#6 13 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

whyme Offline
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

Just got to the east exit and I'm liking it so far.

Edit: I found a SECRET!

I thought of going back and checking on Curly, and when I got back to the nest I saw that there was no door back so I tried boosting up to the hole in the roof and I went THROUGH the ceiling.

I thought this was a glitch at first but if you keep going left you find a messed up version of what was the original egg coridor map.

Since carrot changed the tileset from egg to mimi, all the tiles got switched up as well.

So I kept going and fell down a certain point in the leval where I ended up in a place called Mushroom Land!

You then go through a door to fight Ma pignon after she gives you the Mushroom Badge.

No annoying questions asked. You then fight. I don't know whats after that.

EDIT: The secret led to another secret.

No set path, no commands, no sense of direction, no rules, no mercy.

I love this mod.

#7 13 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Carrotlord Offline
Not anymore

Just got to the east exit and I'm liking it so far.

Edit: I found a SECRET!

I thought of going back and checking on Curly, and when I got back to the nest I saw that there was no door back so I tried boosting up to the hole in the roof and I went THROUGH the ceiling.

I thought this was a glitch at first but if you keep going left you find a messed up version of what was the original egg coridor map.

Since carrot changed the tileset from egg to mimi, all the tiles got switched up as well.

So I kept going and fell down a certain point in the leval where I ended up in a place called Mushroom Land!

You then go through a door to fight Ma pignon after she gives you the Mushroom Badge.

No annoying questions asked. You then fight. I don't know whats after that.

EDIT: The secret led to another secret.

No set path, no commands, no sense of direction, no rules, no mercy.

I love this mod.

Oh God. That's not supposed to happen (glitch, not a secret). You did some serious sequence breaking there...

The reason you got teleported to Mushroom land was that you fell off the map and the TSC script probably went crazy.

Updating now....

If you need me to fix your save, email me your profile.dat and I can do it for you.

#8 13 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

whyme Offline
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

No. The story all came together.

I just find it funny that I managed to play some of the game backwards.

And for the record, the infinate machine gun is so broken.

Lvl.3 = infinate flight.

#9 13 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Lvl 1
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

FFS, that was a LONG mod.

Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

All in all, good job.

Also it's pretty cool that you waited until it was finished until you released it, making it one big playthrough :D.

#10 13 February 2010 - 11:40 PM

whyme Offline
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

I had a really tough time getting the alien medal though (regular missiles, polar star and fireball?

I feel sorry for you now.

It only took me three times to get the alien medal.

Also, When you enter Drainage B through the pipe, you can jump up at just the right time to be swept up in the upwards current and just go to the door that leads to iron face.

You did finish the mod, but that does not mean that it is perfect.

You need people to test it first.

People like us.

This mod's rating.

10/10 Very fun, lots of variety, I did not feel like I was forced on an objective, combat suits my level of skill just fine, decent story, the entire place felt like a maze with no dead ends, and thats what makes it my favorite mod.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users