Photo

Why is Quote a mute?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Thread Closed
256 replies to this topic

#11 28 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

number473 Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

The same reason that Gordon Freeman doesn't talk: They are men of action, not of words. -_-

^_^ Actually it just creates that same effect as in half life. don't ask me exactly what that is. An he does seem to talk like mentioned above.
sattotw's plans will soon be accomplished. We're just waiting for our mail-order clone army. It's taking a bit longer than I was expecting.

#12 28 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

morse code

Di-dah-dah-dit di-dah-dit dah-dah-dah dah-di-di-dit di-dah dah-di-di-dit di-dah-di-dit dah-di-dah-dah, dah-dit dah-dah-dah dah.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#13 28 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

number473 Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

From somewhere, a transmission?
sattotw's plans will soon be accomplished. We're just waiting for our mail-order clone army. It's taking a bit longer than I was expecting.

#14 28 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

From somewhere, a transmission?

Di-dit, di-dah-dah dah-dah-dah di-di-dah di-dah-di-dit dah-di-dit, dah di-di-di-dit di-dit dah-dit dah-di-dah, dah di-di-di-dit di-dah dah, di-di-dit dah-dah-dah dah-dah dit dah-dah-dah dah-dit dit, di-dah-dah dah-dah-dah di-di-dah di-dah-di-dit dah-di-dit, di-di-di-dit di-dah di-di-di-dah dit, dah-dit dah-dah-dah dah di-dit dah-di-dah-dit dit dah-di-dit, di-dit di-di-dah-dit, dah-dah-di-dah di-di-dah dah-dah-dah dah dit, di-di-dit di-dah-dah-dit dah-dah-dah dah-di-dah dit, dah-dah-dah dah-dit di-dah-di-dit dah-di-dah-dah, dah-dah dah-dah-dah di-dah-dit di-di-dit dit, dah-di-dah-dit dah-dah-dah dah-di-dit dit.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#15 29 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

ZarroTsu Offline
Discordian Usurper
"Deaths: 4000"

Also, this is SO ON TOPIC.

Get used to it, the mods can't seem to do anything about it.

Quote is a mute by writer pictography and creationism, as per the main character of the story: fully influencing his surroundings without once seeming to say anything. That is to say, he doesn't talk to the players knowledge, while clearly communicating in-game in an otherwise original fashion. This is because the writer wanted the main character, in this case Quote, to be left to the player's imagination. Sure there's a sprite to depict him, but other than that, it's up to the player's imagination to decide his attitude and reactions. In the game scenario, you, the player, ARE Quote. Your reactions are his reactions. If you're spending more time wondering why the main character doesn't speak than you are playing the game or making it up, then you've clearly too low an intellect for the heightened awareness.

Also, http://en.wikipedia....ent_protagonist

sNPuEPx.png ~ IWMa4bE.png

#16 29 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

dooey100 Offline
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Get used to it, the mods can't seem to do anything about it.

Quote is a mute by writer pictography and creationism, as per the main character of the story: fully influencing his surroundings without once seeming to say anything. That is to say, he doesn't talk to the players knowledge, while clearly communicating in-game in an otherwise original fashion. This is because the writer wanted the main character, in this case Quote, to be left to the player's imagination. Sure there's a sprite to depict him, but other than that, it's up to the player's imagination to decide his attitude and reactions. In the game scenario, you, the player, ARE Quote. Your reactions are his reactions. If you're spending more time wondering why the main character doesn't speak than you are playing the game or making it up, then you've clearly too low an intellect for the heightened awareness.

Also, http://en.wikipedia....ent_protagonist

Dude seriously. Probably 90% of your posts are insulting or degrading. If you don't like the topic, don't read it, but if you disagree with someone, you can do it more intelligently and maturely if you point out why you disagree without following it up with "and therefore you are an idiot."

Also, do you enjoy playing good mods? I know I do. And in order for me to be able to play good mods, people have to make good mods. So I help and encourage people as much as I can so that they may make better mods.

on-topic: I think quote's voice is to high pitched to be heard by us, but the mimigas can hear it just fine.

#17 29 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

Lvl 1

Dude seriously. Probably 90% of your posts are insulting or degrading. If you don't like the topic, don't read it, but if you disagree with someone, you can do it more intelligently and maturely if you point out why you disagree without following it up with "and therefore you are an idiot."

Also, do you enjoy playing good mods? I know I do. And in order for me to be able to play good mods, people have to make good mods. So I help and encourage people as much as I can so that they may make better mods.

on-topic: I think quote's voice is to high pitched to be heard by us, but the mimigas can hear it just fine.

Lol, when ZT is talking about the mods, he means the forum moderators, and is refering to how this thread got derailed.

Although I do have to agree, ZT's posts seem very critical and to the point. Being critical and literal is good to some extent, but ZT's takes it too far sometimes, making him come off as an ass. And his comment (besides the bit about the mods) is really useless, as even though what he says is true, this thread was obviously created to speculate about obscure and inane answers to the question. The thread is more about the process of coming to the solution, whether this solution is correct or not, and how the forum-goers interact with eachother as they add their own opinion to the topic. What you (ZT) are effectively trying to do is shut down this thread, by bringing it to a complete stop. This is counter productive, and very rude. Please don't.

#18 29 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

The question rather is, why is the player deaf? as we cannot hear quote. Everyone else magically gets subtitles, which is rather convenient.

Lets shoot the guy who did the subtitling!

Whoops, my bad. Sorry Pixel.

Uh.. Pixel? :eek:

*runs away*

Posted Image

Spoiler

#19 29 April 2009 - 05:42 AM

dooey100 Offline
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Lol, when ZT is talking about the mods, he means the forum moderators, and is refering to how this thread got derailed.

I know. What I said is what I meant.

#20 30 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

andwhyisit Offline
Administrator

ZT argument is now here:
http://www.cavestory...read.php?t=2709

Posted Image

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users