Photo
- - - - -

Weapon Hacking

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#251 04 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Noxid Online
3cool
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

This thread might be of more use to you than this old thing.
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
nCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gif
CAT DAY ALL DAY ERRY DAY

#252 05 August 2010 - 02:14 AM

Maruhai Offline
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Maybe you should put thins link in the index of useful thread.
Thanks anyway.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

#253 05 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

Landonpeanut Offline
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

This thread might be of more use to you than this old thing.

Actually, they're quite different, and the free hacks! thread doesn't cover anything in here, although cave editor's weapon editor does cover some of it, there are still some things that need this to be edited.

Maybe you should put thins link in the index of useful thread.
Thanks anyway.

That's a good idea.:rolleyes:

I'll probably add some more weapon modding stuff in a few months, as I still have a lot of work ahead of me, and I'm a little lazy (I also have to type it up).

EDIT: I noticed that the original link is down, so here's the one off of the tribute site:
http://www.miraigame.../WeaponHack.txt

#254 15 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

reverze Offline
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"

adding weapons?

#255 15 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ

It's not really doable, there is one unused slot for weapons in the game, but it's glitchy and not fun to mess with.

#256 15 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Dubby Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P

It's not really doable, there is one unused slot for weapons in the game, but it's glitchy and not fun to mess with.

Actually, you can add as many weapons as you want. You just have to know how to handle the projectiles, because the weapons are not stored as a list of weapons, but rather as a list of bullets - each attributed to a level of a weapon. The function that handles weapon selection doesn't have a set limit, so it's not too hard to code a weapon to have three different 'bullets', but only take up a single slot in the list. It just needs to be coded efficiently. Granted, doing this will work perfectly find in-game, and the player is unlikely to notice the changes, but editing the different weapons in CE (or any other editor) becomes rather tricky. For instance, here is my version of the Polar Star's weapon entry:
Spoiler

This revision is significantly smaller than the original, but does the exact same thing. Thus, clearing up tremendous room for additional weapons. The same sort of thing can be done with the polar star's bullets, although I have not had any need to do so yet.

#257 15 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ

What I was saying is that to a basic level modder (not you), adding new weapons as it stands would require a tremendous amount of work for someone of their level. It's possible, but if you have to basically clean up Pixel's mess to do it. Hence the "not really doable," instead of "impossible."

#258 15 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Dubby Offline
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P

*chuckles* Right, silly me.

#259 16 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

DualHack Offline
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Location: LocationTouch down, Tuen around tell me what I'm looking for!

Yeah I'm looking at the Bullet Data with Cave Editor and there ALOT of unsed wepons so let me rephrase that for you!

It's not really doable, there is ALOT of unused slots for weapons in the game, but it's glitchy and not fun to mess with.

#260 16 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Noxid Online
3cool

Actually there aren't a lot of unused weapons, the data you are looking at is just poorly explained.
I really don't like it when people spread false information based on a lack of knowledge.
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
nCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gifnCdVf2b.gif
CAT DAY ALL DAY ERRY DAY

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users