Photo

Fox News and other political circuses

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 24 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

ayy lmao
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

I don't think there's a thread for this video I want to show you guys, so I made one. Discuss Fox News I guess. Be aware that going off on a tangent will probably get this thread locked.
Lou Dobbs on the liberal Hollywood agenda.
I think my favourite part is when he accuses Japan of participating in Hollywood's liberal agenda, if I understood him correctly. I had to make sure the video wasn't a joke or something.
Of course, I'm not trying to get on a political soapbox. Regardless of what I think about politics (not much), Fox News is ridiculous and funnier than most shows on television.

#2 24 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

"Huzzah!"
Location: LocationAustralia. In Bob Katter's secret techno-dungeon.

Fox is an odd company. I mean, Murdock controls Fox. Murdock also owns a lot of newspapers, some of which push viewpoints I agree with. The fact that news companies hijack 'the news' and turn it into political ammunition is much darker territory. CNN is just as twisted and agenda driven as Fox, except CNN is left-wing, so people tend not to regard them as being batshit.

To be fair to Fox, their 'news' is fair and balanced... I think. However, the key weapon in their arsenel is the talking heads who explain the news. These talking heads are openly political. CNN on the other hand, likes to pass off political ranting as news coverage.

I think the real problem with Fox is 'making shit sound important because we've got a 24 hour news cycle'. Fox digs the bottom of the barrel to find controversy.

Hey, but as for Japan pushing US liberal agenda, what about the... was it 2010 law changes? Rumour has it US pressured Japan into restricting certain kinds of hentai mangas. So... Japan is supporting the conservative US agenda. :p

edit:
Fox and CNN are paragons of unbiased virtue compared MSNBC, who are vicious and hateful and have no regard for journalistic integrity.

Edited by Ambient_Malice, 24 February 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#3 24 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ

Thanks for sharing Malice!
But you're not correct.
Send me a link to MSNBC or whatever big liberal news station you please preaching that a kid's picture book from 10 years ago is setting kids up to be conservative bigots and I'll believe you.

Also, CNN is not liberal, it's central. If you think CNN is a liberal news company passing off political ranting as news coverage, then stay away from any real liberal news networks for your mental well being.

For the record though, I don't really like CNN either, but probably for different reasons.

#4 24 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

Noxid Offline
OPEN THE CHEST, IT'S A SKATEBOARD

I get my news coverage listening to drunken 20-somethings gripe about how much america sucks

but this was pretty entertaining to. Also, is it just me or is the plot of that anime the same as "The Borrowers", the 1997 live-action film featuring Jim Broadbent and Hugh Laurie?
I doubt they kicked shit up about THAT movie so what is so bad about this one now...

kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
drugs r 4 thugs

like me

stay in school

#5 24 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

Wild Desu Offline
professional shit poster extraordinaire
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

Both are book adaptations, I believe.

If only Dr. Seuss were still alive so they could brand him as a left-wing hippie. Or Hayao Miyazaki for making the Borrowers movie.

Edited by Wild Desu, 24 February 2012 - 01:59 AM.

Autism levels have reached critical mass

yh8oeag.png

#6 24 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

"Huzzah!"

I meant that Fox and CNN are very similar. They *try* to keep their people honest.

But MSNBC definitely has a problem with mean tactic and bias. They treat people who disagree with them with absolute contempt.

I know someone who claims the Courier Mail, one of Murdock's Australian newspapers, is 'anti-Christian, anti-Israel, anti-gun, etc.' I just look at him and say "Dude, try reading a newspaper funded by the Greens. Then you'll experience real bias."

But let's cut back: I don't like biased coverage, regardless of whether the bias suits me. I want the truth. The facts. THEN give me the 'expert' to explain things.

#7 24 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

ayy lmao

The movie was delightful, but it's based on a book by the same name.

Also, I would be very interested to see examples of liberal agenda from news outlets such as CNN and MSNBC. I get almost all my information from The Daily Show and Reddit, so there's clearly a bias there. If CNN can top that video, I'll be very impressed. I honestly keep looking for examples of liberals being ridiculous goofballs, because I don't want to believe it's just conservatives doing it. (Only a select few conservatives, obviously. The problem is there seems to be a lot of people agreeing with them.)

Edited by Captain Fabulous, 24 February 2012 - 02:12 AM.

#8 24 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

"Huzzah!"

http://www.newsbusters.org

I check this site from time to time. Sometimes the 'expose' can be a bit silly. However, the Republican debates in US are really making it clear how much MSNBC and CNN hate the candidates. It's insane. These anchors are supposed to be giving us facts, not comparing anyone who votes Republican to a retard.

#9 24 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

Not COMMA
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Not Fox, but I thought that it was a funny story.

Edited by CommanderJersey, 24 February 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#10 24 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

"Huzzah!"

Not Fox, but I thought that it was a funny story.

See? Media organizations spin 'news' out of nothing in order to keep people interested. I mean, sure, perhaps someone was really upset by Portal 2. But to make a news story out of it? What, were they out of waterskiing budgies to report on?

This reminds me of the parody article on Christwire which claimed Portal 2 was centered on 'glory holes'. Two robots pass through 'glory holes' with 'jelly lube'. These robots, the article claimed, were gay.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users