Photo

Administration needs

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 02 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

cultr1 Offline
ℒℯ
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Now that SP has given up moderating (except on the threads he made :/) , and given the fact that most admins are rarely online, I suggest we have another administrator, one who is online often and clearly unbaised (not saying you admins are baised, but it's important to make that clear, I think).

Go ahead, lock this thread and say no if you want, but just think about it man.

#2 02 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

Noxid Online
3cool

I agree that this is something that the forum needs, preferably *before* something foolish happens and we're all standing here saying "Well shit, son."

However this sort of thing has to follow Due Process. Red tape and all, hm? We must all humbly await the powers that be and their sagacious decisions. Clearly this is how it must be.
kss-button.png azarashi-button.png mahinbuttongif2.gif balbal-button.png
SMsELPL.gif
sperg on brothers

#3 02 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

sexplosive Offline
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

That's actually not a bad idea...

I suggest that someone like DoubleThink or SP choose a new admPosted Imagein

#4 02 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

joshworx Offline
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

That's actually not a bad idea...

I suggest that someone like DoubleThink or SP choose a new admPosted Imagein

I agree (Even though my vote doesn't count)...
Hey! I wanna play! Oh... Wait... I have Windows XP...

#5 02 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

MF55

I thought we decided it was going to go like this:
DoubleThink and andwhyisit cajole S. P. Gardebiter into being an admin again.
If he refuses, they wait a couple weeks for SkyeWelse to get his lazy ass over here, since it's "his forum."
Once all four of them are together, they come to a decision that someone is going to bitch about until they're blue in the face, because that's how it works here.

With Gardebiter out of the picture, this forum is hideously understaffed at the moment. The only active staff member is DoubleThink, who isn't getting involved much, as far as I can tell. Even if he's the new admin (which is unlikely, since he said he doesn't want to be), we're still not going to have enough people unless andwhyisit starts giving a shit for some reason.
So unless we all start behaving ourselves, or the forums stay at the level of activity we're experiencing (moderately low), I think a new moderator should be made. I also think there should be a vote amongst the forum members, and forum staff get the power of veto. But that's a lot of work for our mods, isn't it?

#6 02 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

If you snoose, you loose
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

I also think there should be a vote amongst the forum members, and forum staff get the power of veto.

This. Even if the mods (aka DoubleThink) want to have final authority in the matter, there should at least be input from everyone who cares enough to give a nomination/vote/whatever.
Posted Image

#7 02 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Wild Desu Offline
#moraldegradation
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

It doesn't seem like we would need to count a lot of votes, either. It seems like there's only really one small group of people on the forums that actually care about the administration.

Really, most of MG is either that group of people, or some new people here and there that aren't entirely educated on the forum's condition.

Then again, I'm probably entirely wrong since I only go on the IRC.

But that aside, who would be the candidates for moderator, anyway?

Autism levels have reached critical mass

yh8oeag.png

#8 02 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

If you snoose, you loose

Probably the:

one small group of people on the forums that actually care about the administration.

Posted Image

#9 02 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

I vote Noxid.

/endthread
Posted Image
Fastest Sacred Grounds speedrun = 3:46:9
Farthest Sacred Grounds 3hp run = Ballos 2nd form

#10 02 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

If you snoose, you loose

I was also planning on voting for Noxid, when/if we have a vote. He's unbiased, reasonably active on the forums, approachable, and he takes the time to think things through rather than acting impulsively. All excellent traits for a mod/admin.
Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users